Backup files not being created

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Backup files not being created

Postby Musicvid » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:59 pm

New installation of 1.31.5 (running just under two months).
Backup addon is Build 2 and enabled.
NewsbakX.txt files are not being created in my news folder or anywhere else that I can see. Working fine on an older 1.24 install.
Musicvid

Postby Parahead » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:16 pm

Thanks for the report, I will attend to it...

The reason for this happening in 1.31.5 with the Backup addon (build 2) is the new folder structure introduced in 1.31.x which this addon isn't aware of (my fault not having updated it) in combination with that the file the addon tries to take a backup of (ndtmp2.txt) is now cleaned away in 1.31.x (since it is a temp file during writing and shouldn't be laying around).

I think I will include an improved backup functionality if I need to poke around with this addon, letting the admin choose time interval and number of backups to maintain (and maybe include taking backups of crcfg.dat as well). The file nsettings.cgi is already backuped by the Coranto core, however, it wouldn't hurt if the admin could choose time intervall and number of backups for this file as well and if I remember correctly it is already coded to support this very easy. BTW, I write this as much for myself as mental note as info to you... ;-)
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Musicvid » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:15 pm

...letting the admin choose time interval and number of backups to maintain (and maybe include taking backups of crcfg.dat as well).

Excellent!
I wiil use the added functionality and I learned the value of news backups (the hard way) some time ago.
Musicvid

Return to Addon Release and Support