help with Maginot setup

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

help with Maginot setup

Postby Aaa » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:42 pm

hi there,

I am only new to Maginot... Ive used Coranto forever and had posted news content as per normal (all listed on one page). Ive since found Maginot which is great, now Ive gone and installed it and all is good but when I create the profile and build the news the static pages dont create? I have no idea exactly how to use it so if anyone can help guide me as to how I can create it so that the pages build static that'd be great. Maybe Im doing something wrong with the profile creation but it appears to be all correct?

Ive managed to get the links, headlines, etc which you can see below but when you click it the static page doesnt exist?
http://www.accessallareas.net.au/data/aaa/test.txt

Aaa

Re: help with Maginot setup

Postby Parahead » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:57 pm

aaa wrote:I have no idea exactly how to use it so if anyone can help guide me as to how I can create it so that the pages build static that'd be great. Maybe Im doing something wrong with the profile creation but it appears to be all correct?
Is the path correct so that the links from your test.txt links to the correct directory and filename? If you FTP to your site, does it show anything in the destionation path? Are you using the same field when you create the link as you have set to be the static field in the Static Profile? Is the Static Profile including newsitems from the same category or xms profile (if you have those addons enabled). Basically: what is your settings for the profile?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Aaa » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:01 am

http://www.accessallareas.net.au/screenshot.jpg

This is all my coranto settings for the profile - is that all correct?

Sorry, all fairly new to this.

Thanks for your help though :)
Aaa

Postby Parahead » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:54 am

aaa wrote:http://www.accessallareas.net.au/screenshot.jpg

This is all my coranto settings for the profile - is that all correct?
It looks OK to me... However, you did not answer one important question from my last post:
Parahead wrote:If you FTP to your site, does it show anything in the destionation path?
We need to establish if the Maginot files are created but you are not linking to them correctly or if they are not created at all...
Parahead

Postby Aaa » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:47 pm

sorry ... all the files were uploaded with the file manager on cpanel - not ftp'd accross?
Aaa

Postby Parahead » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:42 pm

aaa wrote:sorry ... all the files were uploaded with the file manager on cpanel - not ftp'd accross?
Now you lost me, or maybe I lost you... ;-)

What I ment was that you should check out the folder /home/hnfmlive/public_html/data/aaa/ through FTP, since it is the folder where the Maginot Static files should be created according to the profile settings. The URL to this folder is
http://www.accessallareas.net.au/data/aaa/ but I can't browse it to see all the files in that folder so you need to check out if they are there or not and let me know... If there is a bunch of Maginot created files, please give a URL to such a file.
Parahead

Postby ukracer » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:55 am

Parahead wrote:
aaa wrote:sorry ... all the files were uploaded with the file manager on cpanel - not ftp'd accross?
Now you lost me, or maybe I lost you... ;-)

What I ment was that you should check out the folder /home/hnfmlive/public_html/data/aaa/ through FTP, since it is the folder where the Maginot Static files should be created according to the profile settings. The URL to this folder is
http://www.accessallareas.net.au/data/aaa/ but I can't browse it to see all the files in that folder so you need to check out if they are there or not and let me know... If there is a bunch of Maginot created files, please give a URL to such a file.

Was this ever sorted as I have a similar problem.

I have maginot set up as per headlines tutorial but I get no files created in my news directroy with strange names like I am supposed to have.
ukracer

Postby Parahead » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:59 pm

ukracer wrote:Was this ever sorted as I have a similar problem.
Many users are very eager to post about problems but not so quick when it comes to post that they have solved the issue and letting us know what it was that made it work... My guess is that the user aaa found the setting he hadn't configured correctly and now is a happy camper. I also think that your problem getting Maginot to work is a configuring problem of some sort. As SrNupsen has pointed out in the other thread, go over the settings on more time to make sure you haven't overlooked something...

BTW, the "strange names" consists of the unique newsids Coranto assign to each newsitem.
Parahead

Postby ukracer » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:14 pm

Parahead wrote:
ukracer wrote:Was this ever sorted as I have a similar problem.
Many users are very eager to post about problems but not so quick when it comes to post that they have solved the issue and letting us know what it was that made it work... My guess is that the user aaa found the setting he hadn't configured correctly and now is a happy camper. I also think that your problem getting Maginot to work is a configuring problem of some sort. As SrNupsen has pointed out in the other thread, go over the settings on more time to make sure you haven't overlooked something...

BTW, the "strange names" consists of the unique newsids Coranto assign to each newsitem.

Cheers!

I have not come back as I have had problems.........oiops. I tried to alter the permisssons on my public_html folder which houses all my site. I changed them to 777 instead of 755 but all I manged to do was create ANOTHER folder of exactly the same name but different permisssons. Ok so I know this should not be possible ..but the admins comment when he was sorting it for me was jesus you have done a number on this LOL

When I deleted the folder with 777 that I had created it started to delete BOTH folders..........arrgg and some of my stuff was not backed up.

Anyway I did see that at some stage I had these files created during these shenanigans BUT now I am back to my public_html 755 folder they dont seem to be created.

yes i have had to set up manginot again and I did do a hell of a lot of altering paths etc so I will just have to start all over again unfortunately! because it still does not work yet!

thanks for your time
ukracer

Return to Addon Release and Support