News Columns Help

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

News Columns Help

Postby faithintheknife » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:18 am

I am having trouble getting the look I want, maybe the addon isn't capable of doing what I want?

http://www.theatomicagency.com/shows_php.php

Is what I would like, I don't need all that sort by date etc. Just the basic table construction so the information is exported into columns.
faithintheknife

Postby bozoka45 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:08 am

You're going to have to be more specific than that. What exactly are you having trouble with? Have you tried using the search feature? Have you tried reading the documentation? Also, try looking at this
bozoka45

Re: News Columns Help

Postby Parahead » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:53 am

faithintheknife wrote:I am having trouble getting the look I want, maybe the addon isn't capable of doing what I want?

http://www.theatomicagency.com/shows_php.php

Is what I would like, I don't need all that sort by date etc. Just the basic table construction so the information is exported into columns.
It doesn't look like you need the News Columns addon for this anyway, since each row (TR) is a separate newsitem? What the News Columns addon does is making it possible to have several news in each row (by separating them with TD's).
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby faithintheknife » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:00 pm

Yeah all I did was add the table into the news style, and it worked the way I wanted. The table addon sure looks confusing.
faithintheknife

Postby Parahead » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:23 pm

faithintheknife wrote:Yeah all I did was add the table into the news style, and it worked the way I wanted. The table addon sure looks confusing.
If you by 'table addon' mean the News Columns addon, I think you simply don't understand the purpose of it...

Example 1:
Code: Select all
<tr><td>newsitem 1</td></tr>
<tr><td>newsitem 2</td></tr>
<tr><td>newsitem 3</td></tr>
<tr><td>newsitem 4</td></tr>
Example 2:
Code: Select all
<tr><td>newsitem 1</td><td>newsitem 2</td></tr>
<tr><td>newsitem 3</td><td>newsitem 4</td></tr>

The News Columns addon let's you create the second layout, but what you wanted was the first one which is simple to create with a normal style/profile.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Addon Release and Support