X Multisubmit 2.4

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

X Multisubmit 2.4

Postby Parahead » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:42 pm

The XMS addon allows you to make multiple "Submit News" pages, choose which news fields you want on them, and even lock the submit pages to categories. This addon was originally developed by L0rdphi1, then improved by Lawrence, InSAnE NiNjA and myself. The previous 2.3 version thread.

This release contains the following:
  • Bugfix, now only the categories the user has access to submit into are presented at the Submit News page. (discussed here)
  • Bugfix, now only the categories available to the user for the particular Submit Page are presented at the Modify News page.
  • Added option which allows the admin to choose if the Submit Page belonging for a newsitem may be changed at the Modify News page.
  • Added option to specify a custom Subject for each Submit Page to more uniqly present the newsitems at the Modify News Main page. (Should replace the need for the "Modify News:Missing Subject" addon.)
Download here
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:45 pm

There is absolutly no cause for alarm, but the new custom subject feature for each XMS profile contains a minor bug. It pops up if you enter a style that doesn't validate during the submission of the profile settings page, so just get it right and you are fine. It is no big deal if you enter it wrong either, just hit the browsers back button and fix the style. I am working on a fixed version, just wanted to mention this, because it may take about two days before release since I don't have time to fix it right away... Sorry for any inconvience it may cause.

And another thing, as you may know the XMS addon contains very little documentation. Since I am not the original author and am a little tired of producing documentation for other peoples addons, I am just wondering if anyone is up for a little writing? If so, please let me know and I can include it into the next release...
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:40 pm

Releasing XMS 2.4.1 which is a bugfix release for 2.4 so anyone using 2.4 should upgrade.

• Bugfix, the choosen category lost focus at the Modify News page.
  • Bugfix, the code that validates the custom subject now actually works.
  • Improved error handling when saving a XMS profile so all errors are presented at the same time including a 'Back To'-button. (introduced @XMSProfileErrors in the XMS_EditProfile_Save sub).
  • Improved the validation of numeric fields when saving a XMS profile.
Download here
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:44 pm

Just wanted to post about some known issues in XMS 2.4.1 which I will attend to as soon as possible. So, no need to inform me about these ones...

• When upgrading to 2.4.1 the new XMS setting "Allow modification of submit page for newsitems" is set to "Yes, allow admin" at the XMS settings page, but it actually is treated as "No, disallow all users" at the Modify News page. Temporary solution: Just save the XMS settings page with the setting you want and it will be OK.
  • When deleting a field from a XMS profile and that field was also selected as a Required Field but you did not uncheck it as such, it will still be required at the Submit Page. Temporary solution: Resave the XMS profile a second time and it will be OK (or uncheck the appropriate required field when deleting the field).
  • The subject at the modify news page is a 'virtual subject' which means that you can not perform a search on the subject based on the content you have placed in the subject. You can not use the constructed subject in a style either. This was intentional when I created this solution, but think it might be worth to make it optional to save the constructed subject when saving a newsitem.
Parahead

Postby Gilbert » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:16 pm

If I understand well you don't describe the following issue with 2.4.1.

Installed users with User level: High privilege cannot access the Page Profile created in the sumbit page, only admin can.
Gilbert

Postby Parahead » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:06 pm

Gilbert wrote:Installed users with User level: High privilege cannot access the Page Profile created in the sumbit page, only admin can.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean, could you elaborate? I know what "Page Profile" is and I know what "submit page" is, but really don't understand how you have managed to create a "Page Profile" at the "submit page"?
Parahead

Postby Gilbert » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:34 pm

Sorry to be clear.

I created the page profiles in the addon with the option to display them on the submit page.

A high level User could not after clicking on the link access the profile to submit his article [an error was generated from the News Category addon – at least this was the message displayed]. Only an admin could post. I re-installed the previous version of X Multisubmit to resolve this issue.
Gilbert

Postby Parahead » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:31 pm

Gilbert wrote:Sorry to be clear.

I created the page profiles in the addon with the option to display them on the submit page.

A high level User could not after clicking on the link access the profile to submit his article [an error was generated from the News Category addon – at least this was the message displayed]. Only an admin could post. I re-installed the previous version of X Multisubmit to resolve this issue.
I am still having a little problem understanding fully what you do and can not replicate this problem. By "the link", which link are you talking about, the "Submit News" link or after that when choosing a specific submit page? Could you specify which version of Coranto and the News Categories addon you use as well. Please also be a little more specific about the XMS Profile, have you limited the access to certain users? Or the Category that XMS Profile is using, have you limited the user access to that one? The errormessage you recieved, it would be very helpfull if you could post the *exact* text if possible.
Parahead

Postby Gilbert » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:10 pm

Sorry about that, let me try again then

Coranto v1.24
cra_ncategory v build 10-RC6
X Multisubmit 2.4

1. In X MultiSubmit

– Created a Page Profile ABC allowing all users to post

– Settings : Selected in Direct "Submit Page" to (Choose a submit page menu WITH Main Page / Quick Menu Links)

– Now ABC appears in the Quick Menu Links and Coranto main Page

2. A user with a High privilege logs-in

– Directed to the Main Page of Coranto

– Click on ABC

– Get the error described above. Error message not allowed, etc.

– An admin does not get this error and is allowed to post

Hope it is clear now.
Gilbert

Postby Parahead » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:23 am

Gilbert wrote:Hope it is clear now.
Yes, much clearer, thank you! I will investigate as soon as I can...
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:09 pm

Anyone enabling the XMS addon which has posted a bunch of newsitems previously should be aware of this thread, which points out a limitation/bug. I will look into a solution for that when checking out all the other things mentioned above in this thread. I don't whish to give promises I can't keep, so I will not give a timeframe but *hopefully* within a week or two, don't know if anyone suffers badly from the known issues?
Parahead

X Multisubmit 2.4.2

Postby Parahead » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:55 pm

Releasing XMS 2.4.2 which is a bugfix release for 2.4 so anyone using 2.4.x should upgrade. It basically addresses the problems reported above.

• Bugfix, The XMS setting "Allow modification of submit page" was set to "Yes, allow admin" as default at the XMS settings page,but was in fact treated as "No, disallow all users" at the Modify News page.
  • Bugfix, when deleting a field from a XMS profile and that field was also selected as a Required Field but you did not uncheck it as such, it would still be required at the Submit Page, making it impossible to submit news in that XMS Profile afterwards (resaving the XMS Profile fixed it though).
  • Bugfix, when editing newsitems posted before the XMS addon was enabled an error was presented. Now there is a new option at the XMS settings page where you can choose a default Submit Page to use if no one is assigned to a newsitem.
  • Bugfix, now users that doesn't have access to any of the categories available in a specific Submit Page isn't presented with a link to that Submit Page.
  • Bugfix, the 'Disabled' and 'All Categories' options available in the XMS Profile for category locking did not work as intended in previous 2.4 releases. As a sidenote, what difference is it really between 'disabled' and 'all categories', I really can't tell from the code either? Anyone knows?
  • Now using the full name of a category if it is found (eg. support for build 10 of the Category addon).
Download here
Parahead

Postby Gilbert » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:13 am

Thanks. Just downloaded the new version.

It seems there is still a lttle " bug " that I should have highlighted in my previous post.

When you select

List the Submit News pages on the "Modify News" page and have each item on the list link to news items submitted to that Submit News page.

Only one of the the Page Profiles is displayed [the first in alpha order] with View All – i.e.

View All Or Sort By Submit Page: XXX

despite there are a total of 5
Gilbert

Postby Psykosys » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:23 pm

Gilbert wrote:Thanks. Just downloaded the new version.

It seems there is still a lttle " bug " that I should have highlighted in my previous post.

When you select

List the Submit News pages on the "Modify News" page and have each item on the list link to news items submitted to that Submit News page.

Only one of the the Page Profiles is displayed [the first in alpha order] with View All – i.e.

I cannot confirm this on my Coranto1.24/XMS 2.4.2 installation. You've submitted items from other profiles recently enough that they display on the first page?
Psykosys

Postby Parahead » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:50 pm

Gilbert wrote:Only one of the the Page Profiles is displayed [the first in alpha order] with View All – i.e.

Please note that the submit pages are only presented when the currently logged in user actually has enough privileges to access that submit page. The rights are defined both in the XMS Profile but if you have choosen to include only Categories the user doesn't have access to the submit page will not be presented. Can you confirm that this isn't the case, because it seems to work just fine for both Psykosys and me.
Parahead

Next

Return to Addon Release and Support