What's the deal with 1.30?

All notes and input on 2.0 Development are herein. <ul><li>Feature requests</li>
<li>Bug Reports</li>
<li>Beta Testing Feedback</li>
<li>Open Dev Discussion</li></ul>

Moderator: Coranto Moderator Team

What's the deal with 1.30?

Postby shanemckiness » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:44 am

It's been a few years in the making, any plans on releasing a version and going from there?

Regards
shanemckiness

Postby Lumberjack » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:27 pm

Its something to do with someone walking out, and the rest of the development people having to rewrite the code so it is not owned by the deserter. That's my take on it. As I gather its almost done now (back to the stage it was before).
Lumberjack

Postby Parahead » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:13 pm

shanemckiness wrote:It's been a few years in the making, any plans on releasing a version and going from there?
Read the front news page...

http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7989&start=18

http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8030

Lumberjack wrote:As I gather its almost done now (back to the stage it was before).
Yes, mainly plushpuffin and I have worked with this release and I have had a new beta ready for release for about 2 weeks now, which would bring us up to the point of 1.30.11 more or less, at least if we only consider the technical point of view. But there was some interest from SrNupsen in updating the included docs before release which I don't know the status of currently...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby muttly » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:15 pm

If it is technically stable, could someone send me a copy 'as is'? I would like to attempt to update the CSS. My earlier experiment involved adding/renaming a number of new selectors and shifting some of the hardwired table values to the CSS while still keeping the majority of the table based layout in place. (switching to 100% CSS positioning is too unstable at this point.)

Parahead and I briefly discussed this before and I want to contribute while creating as little disruption as possible. It would give the users more control via Chameleon without having to hand edit the actual coranto.cgi or facelift scripts. If SrNupsen wants to schedule that as part of the general beta testing, I suppose I can wait, but I thought that now is as good a time as any to reiterate my plans and let the dev team decide when (if?) to include me.

PS - thanks to the coders for their hard work. I can hardly wait to get started applying it.
muttly

Postby Parahead » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:26 pm

muttly wrote:If it is technically stable, could someone send me a copy 'as is'? I would like to attempt to update the CSS. My earlier experiment involved adding/renaming a number of new selectors and shifting some of the hardwired table values to the CSS while still keeping the majority of the table based layout in place. (switching to 100% CSS positioning is too unstable at this point.)
Not technically stable, but stable to be released as a new beta... ;-) Anyway, personally I would like SrNupsen and msbzdragn to 'do their stuff' on this version and then make it an official release instead of working with 'closed betas'. I know that it is summertime and they are a little busy right now though...
Parahead

Postby SrNupsen » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:24 pm

Parahead wrote:I know that it is summertime and they are a little busy right now though...

Oh, you mean taking every precaution for NOT being busy? :lol:

SrVacation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Parahead » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:30 am

SrNupsen wrote:
Parahead wrote:I know that it is summertime and they are a little busy right now though...

Oh, you mean taking every precaution for NOT being busy? :lol:
Yeah, that was *exactly* what I ment... 8)
Parahead

Return to Coranto 2.0 Development