Special Links add on

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Special Links add on

Postby Rocky » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:37 pm

I use the WYSIWYG add on and have just added the Special Links add on but I can't see where on earth I can set the target window...?

Help please :?:
Rocky
Rocky

Postby Americanfreak » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:40 am

I too would like to be able to set the links to open in a new window.
Americanfreak

Postby SomeGuyNamedJim » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:44 am

That addon only works on the links that Coranto converts to HTML code (aka "AutoLinkURL" feature). Addons like WebWriter generate their own HTML code, so this addon doesn't work with them. It's really just a matter of putting this in the HTML code for the <a> tag:

target="_blank"
SomeGuyNamedJim

Postby Rocky » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:36 am

SomeGuyNamedJim wrote:That addon only works on the links that Coranto converts to HTML code (aka "AutoLinkURL" feature). Addons like WebWriter generate their own HTML code, so this addon doesn't work with them. It's really just a matter of putting this in the HTML code for the <a> tag:

target="_blank"

Yeh that's what I end up doing every time and it's a pain in the ass after a while.

For all the fantastic power of coranto with all it's add ons and features, it's almost bizarre there is no support for assigning the target window for a link.
Rocky
Rocky

Postby Parahead » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:19 am

Rocky wrote:For all the fantastic power of coranto with all it's add ons and features, it's almost bizarre there is no support for assigning the target window for a link.
The Special Links addon does this, so there is support for it trough addons? But maybe a default target window could be added for the built in AutoLinkURL feature and shouldn´t be that big of a deal. But like SomeGuyNamedJim mentions, for addons like WebWriter and WYSIWYG it is up to their authors (or the third party code library they depend on) to add this functionality...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Rocky » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:21 am

Parahead wrote:
Rocky wrote:For all the fantastic power of coranto with all it's add ons and features, it's almost bizarre there is no support for assigning the target window for a link.
The Special Links addon does this, ......

It doesn't work if you ha the WYSIWYG addon enabled though :(
Rocky
Rocky

Postby Parahead » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:37 am

Rocky wrote:
Parahead wrote:
The Special Links addon does this, ......
It doesn't work if you ha the WYSIWYG addon enabled though :(
Yes, I know, hence:
Parahead wrote:But like SomeGuyNamedJim mentions, for addons like WebWriter and WYSIWYG it is up to their authors (or the third party code library they depend on) to add this functionality...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Rocky » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:08 pm

Okay, thanks.
Rocky
Rocky

Postby SomeGuyNamedJim » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:27 pm

Might want to check out this thread for a possible solution: http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7965
SomeGuyNamedJim

Return to Addon Release and Support