Corrupted nsettings file caused nagging problems

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Corrupted nsettings file caused nagging problems

Postby diogenes2100 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:25 pm

My nsettings.cgi file became corrupted when my hard drive got full. I deleted a bunch of old log files and replaced the corrupted nsettings.cgi with a renamed nsbk.cgi.

The program remains usable, but since then I've had the following nagging problems:

1. Profiles filtered by field no longer work. Those files now append two or three stories instead of ten like it's set for.

2. The automatic <BR> no longer works in submit news or modify news. I have to manually add the <BR> to get that effect.

3. Show News on the Modify News page now has an incorrect path to directory where the files are, and it omits the "." between the file name and the extension.

I'm using Coranto 1.22. I tried 1.24 but that didn't clear things up, so I went back to 1.22 where things were previously working perfectly and I can use the FaceLift add-on.

I'm managing to get by with things as they are, but I sure would like to get Coranto working at 100% efficiency again. Sorry for the long-winded post and I appreciate any ideas on how to fix things.

:cry:
diogenes2100

Postby Parahead » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:57 pm

Have you resaved the approriate Profile/Field/Main Settings page to make sure the values/settings you see is the one being saved and used?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby diogenes2100 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:16 pm

Resaved all the settings and did a full rebuild. Same problems persist.
diogenes2100

Postby Parahead » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:32 pm

diogenes2100 wrote:Resaved all the settings and did a full rebuild. Same problems persist.
I am kind of out of ideas, since the problems you describe seams "random" in the scence that I can´t find a common error source (a specific addon, profile problem and so on). The only thing that might be working is to visually look through the nsettings.cgi file and fix any problems encountered but this requires that you know what you are looking for...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Troubleshooting