For future Coranto versions: Profile Organization Suggestion

All notes and input on 2.0 Development are herein. <ul><li>Feature requests</li>
<li>Bug Reports</li>
<li>Beta Testing Feedback</li>
<li>Open Dev Discussion</li></ul>

Moderator: Coranto Moderator Team

For future Coranto versions: Profile Organization Suggestion

Postby Andross » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:32 pm

In the future, I would just like to suggest, if at all possible, that the Edit Profile page is improved in organization through the following steps:
1. Categorize
-Allow for custom profile categories that are expandable and hideable in order to cut down on clutter and get to a specific profile faster.

2. Columns AND Rows
-Have profile names organized in a column and row setup, that can be customized, such as 3 columns per row. This allows for more profiles to be seen at the same time (obviously).

3. Arrange via a prefix/suffix
-An ability to enable there to be a prefix or suffix defined, which Coranto can use to arrange profiles into categories automatically. Ex. If you have several categories that end in -news and several that end in -articles, Coranto will create a category called 'news' (customizable; that would be default) and a category called 'articles' and put the profiles under the proper one.

4. Multiple profile creation
-Have several fields so you can submit x number of new profiles at the same time.

Those are all the ideas I have. I think the best one would be the categories and columns one, as I would really find a good use for that. I have a gigantic profile page. I hope you guys can somehow do those in a new version, as it would REALLY be great.
Andross

Re: For future Coranto versions: Profile Organization Sugges

Postby Parahead » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:05 pm

Andross wrote:4. Multiple profile creation
-Have several fields so you can submit x number of new profiles at the same time.
There exist one addon called Profile Copier which lets you copy profiles and another one called Standard Profile Defaults which lets you specify some default values for new Profiles, maybe this can be of service to you?

Andross wrote:Those are all the ideas I have. I think the best one would be the categories and columns one, as I would really find a good use for that. I have a gigantic profile page. I hope you guys can somehow do those in a new version, as it would REALLY be great.
Actually, having a sort of foldable display of categories and profiles (and styles?) is one of the things planned for Coranto 1.30.x, so I think your suggestions are great input for that.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby cerberos76_ » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:19 am

Parahead wrote:
Andross wrote:4. Multiple profile creation
There exist one addon called Profile Copier which lets you copy profiles and another one called Standard Profile Defaults which lets you specify some default values for new Profiles, maybe this can be of service to you?

Careful if you use Profile Copier. I tried that one and had lots of trouble with some of the profiles it copied (they were acting weird; not accepting enable/disable, not producing write files etc). I think that addon might have some bugs, but never had time to investigate. I just disabled it and copied the profiles manually in nsettings....
Coranto addons:
* GuestPost, one click guestposting
* MoveIt!, Advanced Backup and site transfer
* PartialRebuild, CPU-friendly enhancement of FullBuild
* URLColumn, URLs for multiple Categories/Profiles
* Tickit!, Javascript News Tickers/Faders for Coranto!
* AddonEnabler, enables or disables single, multiple or all addons in one go
* SubmitMultiple, post consecutive news in an automatic loop!
* RSSAdvanced, RelatedNews ....

Get them at: http://coranto.gweilo.org/addons/
cerberos76_

Postby Parahead » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:17 am

cerberos76 wrote:Careful if you use Profile Copier. I tried that one and had lots of trouble with some of the profiles it copied (they were acting weird; not accepting enable/disable, not producing write files etc). I think that addon might have some bugs, but never had time to investigate. I just disabled it and copied the profiles manually in nsettings....
And I use it without any problems... ?
Parahead

Postby Andross » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:06 pm

I have used Profile Copier, but it wasn't all that useful, because I'd have to go and edit the profile's display name and some paths in the end. It only cut down on creation time a little bit. I'll check out the one that features default values stuff.

Thanks for your comments. BTW, how long do you expect Coranto 1.3 will take to completely develop? That's all, see ya.
Andross

Postby Parahead » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:53 am

Andross wrote:I have used Profile Copier, but it wasn't all that useful, because I'd have to go and edit the profile's display name and some paths in the end. It only cut down on creation time a little bit.
Maybe I am missing something but isn´t this something you must do no matter how you create the profiles, since you can´t have the same name or path anyway?

Andross wrote:BTW, how long do you expect Coranto 1.3 will take to completely develop?
check out this thread for some more info and links...
Parahead

Return to Coranto 2.0 Development