Coranto 1.30.9

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby Parahead » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:25 am

cerberos76 wrote:Looking at the code I cannot understand why it is hanging there for you.
cerberos, I think that it is not actually hanging at *that* location, but the single archive code is responsible for the file being open at a later stage when trying to be opened again. A guess would be the loop at the end of the BuildNews sub where the links to CTUS/- are added to the end of the files. As I see it there are two solutions, one way would be to close the filehandle just after the single archive has been printed to (this would require a similar test when opening the file as line 1228-1229 though), *or* modify the code just above the hook BuildNews_CloseFile where the files are opened again to use an unless-statement perhaps?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby bozoka45 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:17 pm

I also got this error when trying out viewnews.cgi:

Untrapped Error: Subroutine main::GetDirInfo was called, but does not exist. (It isn't already loaded, and it isn't in the cache.) at crcore.pl line 614.
bozoka45

Postby bozoka45 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:37 am

I was able to temporarily fix this error:

Untrapped Error: Subroutine main::GetDirInfo was called, but does not exist. (It isn't already loaded, and it isn't in the cache.) at crcore.pl line 614.

By finding the sub GetDirInfo in coranto.cgi and putting it into viewnews.cgi. I'm pretty sure that's not the right way to do it, but it works.

Secondly, I've noticed a problem with building news. It seems to me that if I create some Maginot Pages, change the style, then do a Full Rebuild (with and without extractor) or a Normal Build, then the page will not update. I can only get the page to update if I go into Modify News and hit Save. Not sure what's up with this, but it looks like a bug.

**EDIT**

My other "bug" isn't a bug at all, just me being stupid with FilterByField :doh!:
bozoka45

Postby msbzdragn » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:23 pm

msbzdragn wrote:
msbzdragn wrote:
cerberos76 wrote:5) The logging features (if enabled) will all point to my server (on www.-.net). The code I have written is very similar to check: version, alpha version and do urgent remote message push. This is changed from the past (when there was email collection; which did not work anymore and is not necessary anyway).
I am logging only on the version check and only the 4/5 parameters written in the changelog. I want to use the statistics to get some nice graphs of server types used for Coranto.

Cerb, I would be grateful if you could redirect that to this server please. The more servers involved, the more chance of failure in the future. You should be able to install whatever you need on this server instead, either yourself or by liasing with Nupsen (I forget what access you have).

Just calling the above to Cerb's attention to make sure he saw it.

Again calling this to Cerb's attention.
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby msbzdragn » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:33 pm

Cerb: Something for you to fix; even though you've apparently removed email notification, the installer still asks for an email address.
Michael R. Tomkins

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby msbzdragn » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:07 pm

Quoting the following comment from 1.30.8 (that thread now being locked):

bozoka45 wrote:You were right, Para :)

I made a rookie mistake. This is the other line that needs to be changed:

Code: Select all
$Subs{DisplaySubForm} =~ s!# HOOK: DisplaySubForm_TopRow[\s\S]+?;\}!if(\$Addons{DisplaySubForm_TopRow}){for my \$w (\@{\$Addons{DisplaySubForm_TopRow}}){my \$addon=\$w->[2];if((\$addon->{file} eq 'addons/cra_ncategory.pl' or \$addon->{file} eq 'addons/cra_tintinnabulum.pl') and \$XMS_DB->{\$profname}->{LockCats} ne 'Disabled' and \$XMS_DB{\$profname}->{LockCats} ne 'AllCategories'){my \@LockCats = split(/\\`\\|\\`/, \$XMS_DB{\$profname}->{LockCats});my \$catopts = join '', map { qq~<option value="\$_">\$_</option>~ } \@LockCats;print FieldsRow('Category', ( \@LockCats > 1 ? qq~<select name="Category"~ . ( \$addon->{file} eq 'addons/cra_tintinnabulum.pl' ? ' multiple' : '' ) . qq~>\$catopts</select>~ : qq~\$LockCats[0]<input name="Category" type="hidden" value="\$LockCats[0]">~));}else{eval \${\$w->[0]};AErr(\$addon,\$\@)if \$\@;};}!;

Its a hook, so its commented. So in my text editor, I quickly looked at it and thought "oh! it must be an old something or other that he commented" and really didn't bother looking into it. Its line 664 or so.

XMS looks to be working great with Coranto 1.30.8 now. I guess an updated version of XMS should be included in the Coranto 1.30.8 package?

Also, Parahead, does your empty profile addon work with 1.3x series yet? I know in the docmentation it says it doesn't, but I wasn't sure how up-to-date that is.

What does this line need to be changed to? And will the changed version be backward-compatible with older Coranto installations, or only 1.30.8+?

I'm hitting this exact problem right now.
Michael R. Tomkins

msbzdragn

Postby msbzdragn » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:41 pm

msbzdragn wrote:Quoting the following comment from 1.30.8 (that thread now being locked) <snip>

OK, got it working now (thanks kriko!)

I didn't realise the line above already contained the change. I can confirm this works with 1.30.9 and XMS 2.3-BETA1 from another thread.

Obviously this change is NOT going to be backward compatible with older Coranto versions though, since it has the directory structure hard-coded into the addon. Any chance we can make a change that gets it to work with *both* versions, so we can release it to the site without causing confusion?

Also, I notice that on the modify news page, the category isn't locked. Is it possible to keep the category locked so if you change the submit page, the category is automatically changed to reflect that (or give you a list of possible categories if the new submit page has more than one category optional)?
Michael R. Tomkins

msbzdragn

Postby Parahead » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:41 am

msbzdragn wrote:I didn't realise the line above already contained the change. I can confirm this works with 1.30.9 and XMS 2.3-BETA1 from another thread.

Obviously this change is NOT going to be backward compatible with older Coranto versions though, since it has the directory structure hard-coded into the addon. Any chance we can make a change that gets it to work with *both* versions, so we can release it to the site without causing confusion?
Like I mention in that thread I was going to do a better (backwards compatible) check using regexp to see if the Category and Tintinnalbum addons are enabled, the solution in that thread was just a quick fix. But I actually have forgotten to implement this into the 2.3-BETA1 version, so I will do this as soon as possible and release a new fixed version.

msbzdragn wrote:Also, I notice that on the modify news page, the category isn't locked. Is it possible to keep the category locked so if you change the submit page, the category is automatically changed to reflect that (or give you a list of possible categories if the new submit page has more than one category optional)?
If you read bozoka45's posts you see that he refers to a "rookie misstake", which address this exact same thing. He had just forgotten to change *all* places where the addon tests are performed. Like I said, I will try and release a new version of XMS as soon as possible.
Parahead

Postby msbzdragn » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:58 am

Parahead wrote:
msbzdragn wrote:I didn't realise the line above already contained the change. I can confirm this works with 1.30.9 and XMS 2.3-BETA1 from another thread.

Like I mention in that thread I was going to do a better (backwards compatible) check using regexp to see if the Category and Tintinnalbum addons are enabled, the solution in that thread was just a quick fix. But I actually have forgotten to implement this into the 2.3-BETA1 version, so I will do this as soon as possible and release a new fixed version.

msbzdragn wrote:Also, I notice that on the modify news page, the category isn't locked. Is it possible to keep the category locked so if you change the submit page, the category is automatically changed to reflect that (or give you a list of possible categories if the new submit page has more than one category optional)?
If you read bozoka45's posts you see that he refers to a "rookie misstake", which address this exact same thing. He had just forgotten to change *all* places where the addon tests are performed. Like I said, I will try and release a new version of XMS as soon as possible.

Okeydoke, thanks for the confirmations - your hard work is much appreciated. :) I'm just looking to put XMS on my existing site since I'll have new users with comparitively little computer knowledge and want to ease their learning curve. I want to make sure it is forward-compatible with newer cores before I do so, though. ;)
Michael R. Tomkins

msbzdragn

Postby Parahead » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:12 am

msbzdragn wrote:Okeydoke, thanks for the confirmations - your hard work is much appreciated. :) I'm just looking to put XMS on my existing site since I'll have new users with comparitively little computer knowledge and want to ease their learning curve. I want to make sure it is forward-compatible with newer cores before I do so, though. ;)
Check out the new version of XMS which you find in this thread. I think that cerberos will be happy if we continue any discussion releated to XMS 2.3 vs. Coranto 1.30.x in that thread from now on... :-)
Parahead

Postby cerberos76_ » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:31 am

If you report bugs, I would also reccommend to test coranto betas first with no addons, just to make sure your bugs are related.
I hope to get back to coranto 1.30.9 in the next few days and solve the two known bugs O know of (one in the building with linux; the other with viewnews). All the rest as far as I understand was related to XMS
Coranto addons:
* GuestPost, one click guestposting
* MoveIt!, Advanced Backup and site transfer
* PartialRebuild, CPU-friendly enhancement of FullBuild
* URLColumn, URLs for multiple Categories/Profiles
* Tickit!, Javascript News Tickers/Faders for Coranto!
* AddonEnabler, enables or disables single, multiple or all addons in one go
* SubmitMultiple, post consecutive news in an automatic loop!
* RSSAdvanced, RelatedNews ....

Get them at: http://coranto.gweilo.org/addons/
cerberos76_

Postby Parahead » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:31 am

cerberos76 wrote:I hope to get back to coranto 1.30.9 in the next few days and solve the two known bugs O know of (one in the building with linux; the other with viewnews). All the rest as far as I understand was related to XMS
I don´t know if you have fixed the other things mentioned in this thread, but since I haven´t seen a note about it I thought it best to remind you about:
* The AddonDoc2 functionality is missing the admin function as reported here.
* The archive filehandle problem as reported by bozoka45. Previously in this thread I posted what I believe is the solution.
Parahead

Postby InSAnE NiNjA » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:37 am

also.. this bug needs to be addressed..

http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=54944#54944
..nuttier then a squirrel turd..
InSAnE NiNjA

Postby Parahead » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:54 am

InSAnE NiNjA wrote:also.. this bug needs to be addressed..

http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=54944#54944
I agree, like I mention in that thread I have fixed this in the CustomFields addon for radiobuttons and dropdownfields, but it should be in the core as well. The actual code in CustomFields that takes care of this is looking like below and should be easy to copy into the core at the NewsFieldEditSave_1 hook:
Code: Select all
my $CF_NewsFieldEditSave = << 'END_CODE';
 my $fieldtype = $fieldDB{$field}->{'FieldType'};
 if($fieldtype == 3 || $fieldtype == 5) {
  # Strip all options from leading/ending spaces
  my @cf_options = split /\|/, $in{'Options'};
  foreach (@cf_options) {
   s/^\s+//;
   s/\s+$//;
  }
  $in{'Options'} = join('|', @cf_options);
 }
END_CODE
$addon->hook('NewsFieldEditSave_1', \$CF_NewsFieldEditSave);
Parahead

Postby Dalponis » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:22 pm

I'm waiting for a final release, but what I hear is good. Keep up the good work guys! Don't stop.

By the way, is there ever going to be a mySQL release of Coranto? Just wondering.
Dalponis

PreviousNext

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older