Addon Release: X Multisubmit 2.2

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Addon Release: X Multisubmit 2.2

Postby Parahead » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:51 pm

The XMS addon allows you to make multiple "Submit News" pages, choose which news fields you want on them, and even lock the submit pages to categories. This addon was originally developed by L0rdphi1, then improved by Lawrence and this version is a team effort by InSAnE NiNjA and myself.

The improvements me and InSAnE NiNjA have implemented into X Multisubmit are discussed in this thread along with a couple of beta releases. Since it seams to be stable at this point I am making an official release out of it. You can download it from the ADDON section or at my site which you find a link to in my signature below.

The things that has been changed, updated or fixed in this release is:
* Bugfix, the custom "No desciption message" under Settings was not saved.
* Bugfix, when deleting a CustomField it was not removed from the XMS Profile if it existed there.
* Added the possibility to use <Field: XMS_Profile> in a style to present the XMS Profile display name.
* Reworked the layout on the XMS Profile page, now using the same table for activating fields as well as sorting them.
* Added automatical renumbering by 10 for each field when saving a XMS Profile for easier maintenance later on.
* Now sorting the fields at the XMS Profile page based on the numerical order specified by the user.
* Now sorting the categories in alphabetical order at the dropdown box in XMS Profile.
* Required Fields are now sorted by order and presented by display name rather than internal name.
* Added documentation and version history.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:09 am

Version 2.3-BETA2 has been released, which includes the following improvements:
  • Now possible to sort the fields in the XMS Profile either in a custom way or the same as they are sorted at the Edit Fields page.
  • Improved presence check of the Category and Tintinnabalum addons using regexp, to be able to handle the new folder structure in Coranto 1.30.x
I will release it as an official 2.3 version as soon as I get feedback about it actually taking care of the two issues above.

Download here!
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:39 am

msbzdragn in another thread wrote:Also, I notice that on the modify news page, the category isn't locked. Is it possible to keep the category locked so if you change the submit page, the category is automatically changed to reflect that (or give you a list of possible categories if the new submit page has more than one category optional)?
Sorry, I read this part a bit hasty in the other thread. This feature is not included in the 2.3-BETA2 release. This would require a Javascript solution and I want to stay away from that as long as possible due to browser incompatibility. I agree it would be a good feature to have even though I am not in any need myself, but it would require a bit of coding so I just wonder if it is a strong request or just a "nice to have" feature?
Parahead

Postby fridolf78 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:41 pm

After the upgrade (1.93 -> 2.2), I'm not able to see any of my previous Multisubmit profiles on the Submit or Modify pages? What could be wrong?
fridolf78

Postby Parahead » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:59 pm

fridolf78 wrote:After the upgrade (1.93 -> 2.2), I'm not able to see any of my previous Multisubmit profiles on the Submit or Modify pages? What could be wrong?
I honestly don´t know! I don´t even own a copy of any release before 2.1 myself. All releases before 2.0 was done by L0rdphi1, then Lawrence released 2.0 and 2.1 and I have now released 2.2 and working on 2.3. What I do know is that there is code in the addon (put in there by Lawrence) that is specifically ment to take care of any upgrade from 1.9x to 2.x versions, but I have not touched that part and couldn´t really tell why it isn´t working (if it even is that part that isn´t working).

Having that said, have you verified all the settings at the XMS Settings page and that the XMS Profiles are enabled and looking OK?
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:29 pm

I have noticed a small bug when using the new feature in 2.3-BETA2 of sorting the fields at the XMS page the same way that they are sorted at the Edit Fields page. At *one* of my XMS pages all fields are presented, not just the ones that are checked in the XMS Profile. I don´t really know why this is happening but will investigate, just wanted to inform you about it if anyone else is running across this situation...
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:37 pm

Parahead wrote:I have noticed a small bug when using the new feature in 2.3-BETA2 of sorting the fields at the XMS page the same way that they are sorted at the Edit Fields page. At *one* of my XMS pages all fields are presented, not just the ones that are checked in the XMS Profile. I don´t really know why this is happening but will investigate, just wanted to inform you about it if anyone else is running across this situation...
This bug has been fixed so I am releasing 2.3-BETA3 now... Any feedback on this version is much welcomed and if I don´t get any response during next week I will release it as the official 2.3 release.

Download here!
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:37 pm

I discovered that what I thought was fixed in 2.3-BETA3 actually wasn´t completly, so now I release 2.3-BETA4 which should take care of the issue.

Same download link as before...
Parahead

Postby msbzdragn » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:19 pm

I was about to come and report this bug, but you do indeed seem to have fixed it... :D
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby fridolf78 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:28 am

Parahead wrote:
fridolf78 wrote:After the upgrade (1.93 -> 2.2), I'm not able to see any of my previous Multisubmit profiles on the Submit or Modify pages? What could be wrong?
I honestly don´t know! I don´t even own a copy of any release before 2.1 myself. All releases before 2.0 was done by L0rdphi1, then Lawrence released 2.0 and 2.1 and I have now released 2.2 and working on 2.3. What I do know is that there is code in the addon (put in there by Lawrence) that is specifically ment to take care of any upgrade from 1.9x to 2.x versions, but I have not touched that part and couldn´t really tell why it isn´t working (if it even is that part that isn´t working).

Having that said, have you verified all the settings at the XMS Settings page and that the XMS Profiles are enabled and looking OK?

Well, I can at least "see" my XMS profiles on the XMS Settings page, but also profiles I deleted one week ago! Very strange...

When I click "Submit news" then no XMS profiles are shown, so I can't add any news at all, unless I turn off the ability to choose Submit page in XMS Settings (I guess... haven't tried that).

When I click "Modify news" then all news have lost their connections to their XMS profiles, so they are mixed up in one huge list.

The new XMS version 2.3 seems really great and it's a pity I can't use it... Am I the only one having problems with this? Guess it would be interesting to know whether it's a local problem or not...

Any suggestions?

:?:
fridolf78

Postby Parahead » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:27 am

fridolf78 wrote:Well, I can at least "see" my XMS profiles on the XMS Settings page, but also profiles I deleted one week ago! Very strange...

When I click "Submit news" then no XMS profiles are shown, so I can't add any news at all, unless I turn off the ability to choose Submit page in XMS Settings (I guess... haven't tried that).
Have you re-saved the settings page and the profile pages?

fridolf78 wrote:When I click "Modify news" then all news have lost their connections to their XMS profiles, so they are mixed up in one huge list.
Well, doesn´t look like the upgrade script is really upgrading. Like I said before, I really do not know if the upgrade thing (has ever) work as intended since it was in there before my time and I haven´t done any change in how that is handled or how XMS profiles are stored. Truly sorry... Have you tried upgrading to 2.1 just to verify that the upgrade works/not works with that version?

fridolf78 wrote:Am I the only one having problems with this? Guess it would be interesting to know whether it's a local problem or not...
I would be interested in knowing this too...
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:39 pm

fridolf78, since the problems you experience with the upgrade from an 1.9x release of X Multisubmit to 2.x is a more generic problem than specifically with 2.3 I have decided to release an official version of 2.3 and if we find a solution to the upgrade problems make a new release then...

The official 2.3 release can be found here.
Parahead

Postby fridolf78 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:36 pm

Is it possible to "hack" XMS 1.93, so that I can use "<Field: XMS_Profilename>" in my styles?

Thanks...
fridolf78

Postby Parahead » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:35 pm

fridolf78 wrote:Is it possible to "hack" XMS 1.93, so that I can use "<Field: XMS_Profilename>" in my styles?

Thanks...
Maybe, I suppose so, but like I said before, I don´t even own a copy of XMS before version 2.1... I don´t remember where I posted about the "hack" either, but can´t you look at that and figure out where to insert the hack in 1.93?
Parahead

Postby LoneOwl » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:35 am

I have the 1.93 zip file. I can send it to you so you can find out what if any problems are caused in the transitioning.
LoneOwl

Next

Return to Addon Release and Support