Addon Release: CustomFields 0.7

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Addon Release: CustomFields 0.7

Postby Parahead » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:36 pm

Addon description:
CustomFields improves the functionality of some existing fields and add a couple of new ones. The old fields that are being updated are:

* Single Line Input: Now possible to use this field as a datefield automatically updated with the current date/time when posting or modifying a newsitem, which can be used when presenting a "news last edited at" or similar.

* Drop Down Box: Now possible to add new values on the fly when submitting/modifying news instead of just doing it at the Fields settings page. You can also turn the dropdown box to a multiple selection box.

The new fields that it adds are:
* "Description Field" which isn´t an inputfield, but instead lets you create a header or an explanation at the submit news page for a group of other fields, which can be a visual aid if you have many fields.

* "Password Field" which visually is a HTML password field. The content of the field is scrambled when viewed at the modify news page so it isn´t possible to fetch the content of it.

* "Drop-Down Box From File" which is type of Newsfield that get it's options from a file of your choice. It works very much the same as a normal Drop Down Field, but the entries in the box is fetched from a file instead of being specified inside the admin interface of Coranto.

You can also define validation subs that a field must pass through when submitting a newsitem, which for example can be used to check that a field really contains a date in the format you want or that a URL really is correct. Use the predefined ones or make up your own...

New with this version:
* The "Drop-Down Box From File" field has been added.
* The "Password Field" has been updated so it is much more secure.

Discussions about the old versions of CustomFields can be found in this and this thread.

Download it here!
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby InSAnE NiNjA » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:20 pm

i can definatly picture dropdown box from file being used with a profile output

/me is randomly commenting, hinting at ideas other users might find a use for
..nuttier then a squirrel turd..
InSAnE NiNjA

Postby Parahead » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:41 pm

InSAnE NiNjA wrote:i can definatly picture dropdown box from file being used with a profile output
Yeah, this is mentioned in the docs for the addon! :-D

To be more specific, using the the technique of creating the dropdown from a profile output can be used to create "subsections" on the fly, an image gallery for example where one create a new directory and use that info to create a directorylisting to upload to when posting specific images.

It can also be used to create "read more about this subject"-links to other articles. To be able to dynamically produce the content of a dropdown box is really usefull. A word of causion though, please note that it is not wise to remove items from the list since it can of course cause strange behaviour at the Modify News page if a previously selected item isn´t there anymore.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Addon Release and Support