The version button

All input, comments, and site suggestions here.<br />All Websites are constantly evolving works in progress, so fire away!

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby Parahead » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:04 pm

cerberos76 wrote:v1.24 is perfectly ok. Seems to work and solves the original if/then problem. So I would suggest to make it the official stable version.
You copy this dragn? Maybe we could see an official release and an update of the button at the same time? :-D

Dale Ray wrote:Some addon authors do not allow distribution of their addons from sites other than their own.
I just would like to state my view on why the addons I have made (or "remade") is only available through my site and not from here. When I started doing addons it was much talk about redoing this site and at the same time change the way the addon section works (I even made a suggestion at the time) and I thought I would wait to publish the addons until that remake was done, but as we all know this has not happend... ;-)

Dale Ray wrote:Documenting compatibility at this point can be difficult. Most addon authors did not note which Coranto release that their addon was developed on. Some addons have not changed. while Coranto has had a number of releases in the same time period.
This would also require that users reported in which version they use of an addon together with which version of Coranto. It is impossible to put this work on every single addon developer... This has also been discussed before and at that time I made a small demo table to show how things *could* look like. I don´t know if the demand for this is that big though...
Last edited by Parahead on Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby AeroSoul » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:44 pm

msbzdragn wrote:
AeroSoul wrote:I'm pretty sure that by "access to the Coranto install" he simply meant that we have access to this (used for submitting new addons), which, for our purposes, is completely useless.

That Coranto install runs essentially the entire site except for the forums and the upgrade files check page.
I don't doubt that fact, I'm just saying that most users who have access to it only have standard accounts, so we can't change any of the things that need changing (which is why I said it was completely useless for our purposes).
Keep the dream alive!
AeroSoul

Postby Parahead » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:55 pm

cerberos76 wrote:
Parahead wrote:Also, let me know if you would like me to assist you in any way I can regarding the 1.30.x releases...
Very good. I will write to you in private and show the plan. I am sure there is lots you can help with...
I just wanted to mention that I am still waiting in expectation... :-D

cerberos76 wrote:v1.30.4 is still under development. The fix on the build seems to make that part pretty stable, but I want to use this number also to introduce a couple of nice small features. So bear a few more days.
It has gone a couple of days, any news?

cerberos, I do *not* mean to push you with this post, I just humble want to know the status and if you still want my help. I am also curious of how the progress of your site is going?
Parahead

Postby cerberos76_ » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:31 pm

Hello,
a) for 1.30.4, I reply here but probably it is worth to keep this offline, as it might not be of interest for the great majority of people. Given I cannot use PMs, I can only suggest email for the time being. Send me a message on this and I will reply.
In short two are the things that need attention:
1) opimise the build, putting up explicit options in the build routine and try to make some of the automatic features selectable via the administration interface. For example, setting up parameters for archiving (maybe also configurable profile by profile as in Extractor). The aim is to achieve a build speed increase of 5x (and with extractor I do even better than that, so I am sure it is possible to do even better operating in the core).

2) split the newsdat and consequent build to allow operation with smaller databases.

At present I am concentrating on the second one, but will have to come back to the first too at some stage.

b) as far as my site: the most difficult part has been done. And this was deciding/implementing a template (I continued changing my mind on the most suitable looking at many different ones)! I have most of the things up and running, so will come soon live.
Coranto addons:
* GuestPost, one click guestposting
* MoveIt!, Advanced Backup and site transfer
* PartialRebuild, CPU-friendly enhancement of FullBuild
* URLColumn, URLs for multiple Categories/Profiles
* Tickit!, Javascript News Tickers/Faders for Coranto!
* AddonEnabler, enables or disables single, multiple or all addons in one go
* SubmitMultiple, post consecutive news in an automatic loop!
* RSSAdvanced, RelatedNews ....

Get them at: http://coranto.gweilo.org/addons/
cerberos76_

Postby Parahead » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:59 pm

cerberos76 wrote:Given I cannot use PMs, I can only suggest email for the time being. Send me a message on this and I will reply.
You got mail! :-) Although, I don´t think that having an open discussion in the forums of what is going on in the development version hurts a bit. It could take place in a forum where only a certain number of people have access to post, but all can read, to avoid "clutter".

cerberos76 wrote:b) as far as my site: the most difficult part has been done. And this was deciding/implementing a template (I continued changing my mind on the most suitable looking at many different ones)! I have most of the things up and running, so will come soon live.
Great! :-D
Parahead

Previous

Return to Coranto.org Site Development