Addon Release: Advanced Profile Postprocessing

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Addon Release: Advanced Profile Postprocessing

Postby kriko » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:45 pm

Hi,

After posting my ideas on how could post processing implemented to Coranto and how useful it would be, I started thinking that I could very well code this myself. I started writing on noon and now, on the evening I am finished. It took me longer than I had expected, mostly because of the differences between Perl and PHP, but great part of the time went to debugging. I am still a bit confused about some things.

Anyway, the topic I am refering to is:
http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47403

The addon itself is located here:
http://kriko.neosurge.net/cra_postprocessing.txt
(note that the url may change in time)

(download, rename to cra_postprocessing.pl, upload in ascii mode)

What does this addon do?

It allows you to control how the built files will look at the end. It enables post processing in Coranto. What is post processing? It is processing that is done after all other processing.

The built files of Coranto will be rendered through PostProcessing styles and then the final output is generated.

How can this be useful?

Include output from many different profiles to one built page. Check if there was any data built or not, if not then send a notice, for example: "No news today.". There are possibly tons of things you can do.

The addon ought to be stable, but I urge you to back up all your data (especially crcfg.dat). You can find the usage instructions from the bundeled documentation.

If any of you come up with some great code example, then please publish it here.

I am waiting for comments and bug reports!
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Postby sstoner » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:49 pm

kriko,
Sounds excellent! As posted on the other board, I have a house full of company this weekend, but I will test and get back to you with results as soon as possible.

Thanks for all you do! :D
Sue
sstoner

Postby Groterra » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:40 am

I get the following error when using postprocessing addon:

Unable to open c:/xitami/cgi-bin/coranto/. No such file or directory at C:\XITAMI\cgi-bin\coranto/crcore.pl line 294.
Groterra

Second on that...

Postby tlcoverdale » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:03 pm

I get that error when I try to build, as well, and even when I uninstall the add-on, I still get the error.

...cgi-bin/news/1. No such file or directory at .../cgi-bin/news/crcore.pl line 281.

It's keeping some files from building, and Extractor ignores my sort orders when I go that route...

If I still had enough hair...well, you get the idea ;)
tlcoverdale

Postby kriko » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:23 pm

Unfortunately this addon isn't compatible with Extractor. That addon makes Coranto use an other building mechanism which I haven't yet looked at, it is possible that there will never be compatiblity between the two.

Sorry mate. :(
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Postby jasongpace » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:29 am

I installed this add-on, and left it at its defaults Now when I try to build news, it hangs, building only about half my news. I am going to assume that its getting stuck somewhere on one of my articles, and I'll try to figure out which one later.

Until then...

I'm running Coranto 1.23. The other add-ons I have installed and enabled are AlphabetPages, Backup, Category Icon, ChangeDateNew, Erdë ( ChangeUser Revised ), ezStats, Modify News: User Column, MultiPage, News Categories, Private Messenger, Template Editor, and WebWriter.

Any ideas why it might be getting stuck?

edit: Looking through my articles, I couldn't find one that was messing anything up. It just wouldn't fully build. Now, my templates have SSI calls in them. Could that be affecting the post process style?
jasongpace

Addon availability

Postby Mavmesa » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:50 pm

Is the addon available some where else?

I cannot download it from the AddOn page, nor from the link in the first message.

Ken
Mavmesa

Re: Addon availability

Postby kriko » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:10 pm

mavmesa wrote:Is the addon available some where else?

I cannot download it from the AddOn page, nor from the link in the first message.

Ken

Sorry, the server appears to be down.
Here's an alternative: http://factory.dusj.no/coranto/?downloa ... ZpxKZhmCem
Kristjan aka. kriko
now a wireless expert
kriko

Got it

Postby Mavmesa » Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:14 pm

Thanks ,

That worked like a charm.

Ken
Mavmesa

Postby jeter » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:20 am

could someone post an example? i understand the concept, but i don't quite understand how to do it.

thanks.
jeter

Postby Mavmesa » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:01 am

kriko,

I too am having build problems. The first build problem was because I had copied a number of profiles and found that 2 of them were trying to write to the same output files. I corrected that.

As soon as I tried to use post processing addon, I could not build. The build would hang and all my output files would zero out. Then I would have too manually delete the output files and deactivate the post processing addon.

mavmesa wrote:OK

New information. Something in the nsettings file posted in my last message is definantly wrong.

I restored my original configuration with all my profiles. I deleted all the zeroed output files. I was able to build. I activated the post processing addon and could not build. All the output files were again zeroed out. I deactiveted the post processing addon. I still could not build. I deleted all the zeroed output files. I can build fine. For some reason, with this current configuration, I cannot use the post processing addon. It breaks the build process.

This is the relevant part of another thread dicussing my trip thorough this problem.

Is there anything specific we need to do after activating your addon?

Ken
Mavmesa

Postby bozoka45 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:26 am

kriko,

I was wondering if you had any thoughts on further developing this addon. I think it could be very helpful in the development of Coranto. I've tried using it, but it seems to freeze up the build process every time the addon is enabled, like its caught in a loop or something.

Any ideas?
bozoka45

Postby Psykosys » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:36 am

bozoka45 wrote:kriko,

I was wondering if you had any thoughts on further developing this addon. I think it could be very helpful in the development of Coranto. I've tried using it, but it seems to freeze up the build process every time the addon is enabled, like its caught in a loop or something.

Any ideas?

Seems important enough that it could even be part of the core, or an addon distributed with the core.
Psykosys

Postby bozoka45 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:50 am

Psykosys wrote:
bozoka45 wrote:kriko,

Any ideas?

Seems important enough that it could even be part of the core, or an addon distributed with the core.

Have you tried using it? I agree that it could be a very cool addon that could be in the core or even distriubted with the core. I really think this addon has lot of potential if it runs smoothly.
bozoka45

Postby InSAnE NiNjA » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:37 am

theres no reason to put this in the core, it does just fine as an addon..
..nuttier then a squirrel turd..
InSAnE NiNjA

Next

Return to Addon Release and Support