Coranto 1.21 ( Headlines bug fixed )

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Coranto 1.21 ( Headlines bug fixed )

Postby Lawrence » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:48 am

Here is a new version which fixes the headlines problem that creeped into the official 1.20 release.

Download Here!

The only files that are changed since the official 1.20 on the download page are coranto.cgi and crcore.pl, so updating is easy and should take no more than a few minutes.

As of this writing, I have confirmed that Maginot Line X and Multipart 1.52 work fine with 1.21. However, older versions may not work correctly or at all ( Multipart 1.48 being confirmed to be broken since the first 1.03 beta months ago ).

Good nite everyone!
Last edited by Lawrence on Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stuff I'm working on:
- nothing

Addons:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lw-craddons/
Lawrence

Re: Coranto 1.20 Fixed :)

Postby msbzdragn » Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:58 am

Lawrence wrote:Here is a new version which fixes the headlines problem that creeped into the official 1.20 release.

Download Here!

The only file that's changed is crcore.pl, so updating is easy and should take no more than a few minutes.

As of this writing, I have confirmed that Maginot Line X and Multipart 1.52 work fine with 1.20. However, older versions may not work correctly or at all ( Multipart 1.48 being confirmed to be broken since the first 1.03 beta months ago ).

Good nite everyone!

Hey Lawrence, did you bump the version number? If not, could you please bump it to 1.21? Thanks!
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby Lawrence » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:57 pm

Done!

Modified thread to reflect new version too :)
Stuff I'm working on:
- nothing

Addons:
Lawrence

Postby faithless » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:22 pm

i've noticed that now when we first setup coranto for the first time,
coranto no longer helps to find our absolute FilePaths for us anymore.

with the reason,
In the boxes below, please enter the absolute paths for the three different Coranto directories: Program Files, News Files, and Archive Files. The directory which coranto.cgi is currently in is the Program Files directory; the setup documentation provides information on selecting the other two.
You must enter absolute paths here, not URLs. (Use forward / slashes, even on Windows servers, and do not include a trailing slash.) Unfortunately, Coranto could notautomatically determine the absolute path to its directory. If you are not sure what the path is, please contact your host.

why was this feature taken out? :cry:
i remembered when i was a coranto newbie still this helped me alot.
faithless

Postby InSAnE NiNjA » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:24 pm

the fact that coranto no longer filters addon tags is of high importance as well
..nuttier then a squirrel turd..
InSAnE NiNjA

Postby Parahead » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:49 pm

Lawrence,

I did some investigations between v1.20 and v1.21 of Coranto regarding the headlines and came to the conclusion that your fix should work even better with a small else-statement.

The problem is that if you first activate the headlines for a profile and then at a later stage inactivate the same headline it will still keep on building it since it has been added to the newsprofiles-array and isn´t removed from there.

So if you add the code below at line 997 in v1.21 it should stop Coranto from building the headlines when not needed anymore.

Code: Select all
else
{
  delete($newsprofiles{"$i-headlines"});
  delete($ActiveProfiles{"$i-headlines"});
}

Maybe it is a small thing and really not a problem for anyone, but still, it shouldn´t build a profile when it doesn´t need to...

Regards,
/Parahead
Parahead

Postby Lawrence » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:30 am

Done... an updated crcore.pl fixes this lil issue :)

Re-packaged the 1.21 ZIP and uploaded it over the existing one.
Stuff I'm working on:
- nothing

Addons:
Lawrence

Postby cerberos76_ » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:17 am

Lawrence, once also the issue of addon tags parsing is solved please post it!

If I don't hear any other bug report in the next few days, I will try to implement these latest changes 1.11->1.21 (or 1.22) also in the next alpha 1.2.x...
Coranto addons:
* GuestPost, one click guestposting
* MoveIt!, Advanced Backup and site transfer
* PartialRebuild, CPU-friendly enhancement of FullBuild
* URLColumn, URLs for multiple Categories/Profiles
* Tickit!, Javascript News Tickers/Faders for Coranto!
* AddonEnabler, enables or disables single, multiple or all addons in one go
* SubmitMultiple, post consecutive news in an automatic loop!
* RSSAdvanced, RelatedNews ....

Get them at: http://coranto.gweilo.org/addons/
cerberos76_

Postby Dale Ray » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:37 am

Another item to clean up:

Your Version: 1.21 / Current Version: 1.20

Shown on bottom of main page.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby msbzdragn » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:26 am

Lawrence - I guess technically we should be calling this 1.21.1, 1.21.2, etc. each time you're repackaging it. I want to wait a few days to release it until we're sure it squashes any problems, as I'm already having to do a re-release only a few days after a release and I don't want to risk having to do a third one. ;)

Can you use the x.x.x numbering in the meantime please so we can keep track of who's using what when they report bugs?
Michael R. Tomkins

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Postby l0rdphi1 » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:07 pm

msbzdragn wrote:Can you use the x.x.x numbering in the meantime please so we can keep track of who's using what when they report bugs?

Just ++ the build for every release (you need to do that for addons anyway) and people can just report "Verison 1.21 Build 36" or whatnot.
l0rdphi1

Postby Brad » Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:24 am

I too plan to wait, since Maginot tags are not being parsed for my installation... My site won't work without Maginot!
Brad

Postby msbzdragn » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:04 am

l0rdphi1 wrote:
msbzdragn wrote:Can you use the x.x.x numbering in the meantime please so we can keep track of who's using what when they report bugs?

Just ++ the build for every release (you need to do that for addons anyway) and people can just report "Verison 1.21 Build 36" or whatnot.

That would work too, but we already settled on x.x.x numbering for internal builds after discussion with Lawrence and Cerberos76.
Michael R. Tomkins

msbzdragn

Postby l0rdphi1 » Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:02 am

ah.. I guess that extra confusion won't hurt all too bad.
l0rdphi1

Postby LoneOwl » Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:16 am

What abour x.x.xrx with the final x being revision?
LoneOwl

Next

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older