Archive by number of items?

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Archive by number of items?

Postby officeslave » Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:58 am

I'm sure there must be a way to do this. It just doesn't seem to be in by default. I tried messing about with Maginot, but I'm not certain that would work either.

My front page lists the last 3 articles (from 3 different categories) posted in coranto. What I'd like is to be able to have a link at the bottom of the page to previous items, 3 at a time. Something like: "Archives: 1, 2, 3" where each number is a link. Since there's no telling how many items will go up at any time, archiving by day or week or month probably wouldn't be optimal.

It's not the end of the world if this isn't possible, but it's preferable so I figured I'd see if anyone else had pulled it off.

Thanks.
officeslave

Postby Sumaleth » Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:35 am

Try the MultiPage addon set to 3 items per page.
Sumaleth

Postby officeslave » Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:41 pm

Ah thanks. Ashamed to have missed that in the addon page. Should be perfect as soon as I figure out how to link properly. :)
officeslave

Postby officeslave » Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:01 am

Hmmm, dunno if it's a bizarre coincidence or not, but after messing with that addon, I could no longer build news. I could add news to the database (slooooowly) but it would never be written to the text files. I didn't notice until after I'd set a template in advanced general settings (since I couldn't find any place to add a template in the multipage settings).

Luckily I made a backup right before testing began. I ended up having to delete my coranto directory and upload fresh, because the problem persisted after overwriting, even when mulitpage was disabled. Wonder what I screwed up.

Hopefully I'll get the nerve to try this out again.
officeslave

Return to Customization