Multiple Date & Time Setting Formats --- Help!

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Multiple Date & Time Setting Formats --- Help!

Postby tatsu » Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:03 pm

Hi. I'm new to Coranto, and have gotten most of my stuff customized. There's one problem though. I have multiple pages each with its own news page. I wanted each of the pages to have a different date format (just because that is how I had them in the past before I merged them to one site with different subdomains).

Anyhow, it is like this:

newspage1.html:
[12-20-2003] <-------- This
Title Goes Here
News Context Data Goes Here.

someothernewspage2.html
December 20, 2003 <--------- This
Title Goes Here
News Goes Here.

yetanothernewspage3.html
Tuesday, December 20, 2003 <------- This
Title Goes Here
News Goes Here.

So, basically, with the single installation of Coranto, there's a possibility to set up 3 different date formats depending on the profile being used?

However, I've noticed that the date & time setting is on the main admin page, and not available in any of the different profiles I created. Is there an add-on that might be available to do this? I've read through the descriptions, but couldn't determine any.

Also, if this CAN be done in each of the profile pages, please let me know. I looked but couldn't find it. I also tried to search this board for "multiple date settings", and didn't come up with anything helpful.

Thanks.
tatsu

Postby InSAnE NiNjA » Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:13 pm

you can use these in your styles' setup

<Field: ...>

Year
TwoDigitYear
Month_Name
Month_Day
Month_Number
TwoDigitMonth
Weekday
Day
TwoDigitDay
Hour
TwoDigitHour
Minute
Second
AMPM
Time_Zone

same as in setting up default time display
Last edited by InSAnE NiNjA on Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InSAnE NiNjA

Postby tatsu » Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:19 pm

Ah ok. I didn't realize you could use those fields in the styles setting box, since the information it gives at the top only says:

The following basic fields are available: Subject, Text, User, Date, Category, UserField_Email

And then a link to "Fuller documentation", which I thought was just more detailed info on the above available fields..

Anyhow, I got it to work... Thank you people (InSAnE NiNjA ... Thanks!)
tatsu

Return to Troubleshooting