"Sticky news", is it possible?

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

"Sticky news", is it possible?

Postby ancos » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:05 pm

Hello all.

Is it possible to have a news item remain "sticky", ie: have the same news always as the first one listed, even after having added more news?

Thank you!
ancos

Postby SrNupsen » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:52 pm

I think you'd have to use two different categories, one called "stickynews" and the other one called "news". Their profiles and styles may be equal, but this way posting to news won't affect stickynews.

When you want an item in stickynews to go into regular news, you just change the category from stickynews to news via the modify news item page. It'll then appear along with the rest of the ordinary news.

Nupsen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby ancos » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:08 pm

I was thinking of a similar solutions. Another question then: is there an easy way to obtain the id of a particular news in order to use it with viewnews.cgi?

It would be useful also when I write a news in which I want to refer to an older news.

Thanks
ancos

Return to Troubleshooting