Multimail

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Multimail

Postby Lerickson » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:59 pm

Does anyone have a copy of the original multimailsub.pl that came with multimail...This was the script that managed the subscribers list...

Please oh Please...
Lee Erickson
lee@coranto.info
Lerickson

Re: Multimail

Postby Cerberos76 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:16 pm

Lerickson wrote:Does anyone have a copy of the original multimailsub.pl that came with multimail...This was the script that managed the subscribers list...

Please oh Please...

I wrote that program and would like to remind that:
a) nobody is allowed to distribute that program or parts of it. So your request is certainly not appropriate.
b) the program was never made public and was only distributed to beta testers to test it.
c) I decided at the end not to distribute the program widely and I remember the latest version I passed on to testers still had some bugs.
I would not recommend its use on live sites at this stage...
Cerberos76

Postby Alexv » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:26 am

Why taunt the users? Doesn't this go completely against the idea of a "community"? I wish you could see the light that is open-source, brother :p
aka on ctus: alexv, aerosoul, billgates
Alexv

Re: Multimail

Postby Lerickson » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:41 am

Nah my Man...

I had stumbled across your program..I was one of the original Beta testers...The program worked fined albeit some minor bugs. But I remember a few lines of code from an email program either multimail or emailsenor...that worked flawlessly..I was only intrested in studying the code structure....

Miss you being around Cerberos...:)

Cerberos76 wrote:
Lerickson wrote:Does anyone have a copy of the original multimailsub.pl that came with multimail...This was the script that managed the subscribers list...

Please oh Please...

I wrote that program and would like to remind that:
a) nobody is allowed to distribute that program or parts of it. So your request is certainly not appropriate.
b) the program was never made public and was only distributed to beta testers to test it.
c) I decided at the end not to distribute the program widely and I remember the latest version I passed on to testers still had some bugs.
I would not recommend its use on live sites at this stage...
Lee Erickson
lee@coranto.info
Lerickson

Postby Cerberos76 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:25 pm

Alexv wrote:Why taunt the users? Doesn't this go completely against the idea of a "community"? I wish you could see the light that is open-source, brother :p

There should be no users of Multimail, that's the whole point.
The program was written many years ago, never published and its license explicitly prohibits its release or distribution!

I see and appreciate the light of open source and is very good on some projects. But I cannot support it for some other projects for a simple reason: I sell programs and customers often explicitly request exclusive access to the code/functions etc. Most open source writers I know of have the luxury of companies behind them or are students or have a day job which requires very little effort and leaves them time to spare. Unfortunately I am not in this position at this stage and until I will have a need I will defend my licensing and will not change it!
Cerberos76

Postby Anone25 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Will you ever make your addons public? Using coranto without some of your scripts and figuring out work arounds are really becoming lessons in frustration and futility.

Did I mention frustration?

You mentioned you would make your addons as part of public downloads a few months ago...and its been a few months.

any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
Anone25

Return to Addon Release and Support