crcfg.dat issues

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

crcfg.dat issues

Postby Lumberjack » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:45 am

Having now upgraded to 1.25 on my live sites, I notice that an attempt to edit a style causes a fatal error, and this is due to <If> tags being saved into crcfg.dat subroutines instead of being converted to perl as they should be. Did something get disabled?
Lumberjack

Postby AndyP » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:45 pm

Yep, I just tried to edit a style and had the same error...

Could not include file crcfg.dat. The file, however, appears to exist. This usually indicates some form of syntax error in the file. Message: syntax error at crcfg.dat line 6894, near "} else" (Might be a runaway multi-line ~~ string starting on line 6891)Compilation failed in require at coranto.cgi line 75.

lines 6890-6899 are copied below :
Code: Select all
}
$newshtml .= qq~</td>
                          </tr>
                        </table>~;
} else {
$newshtml .= qq~<table width="99%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">
                          <tr align="center" valign="middle">
                            <td align="left" width="100%"><span class="text1">No reviews posted yet</span></td></tr></table>~;
}
$newshtml .= qq~

This was after downloading and updating to 1.25 yesterday. I have read the other thread
http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
detailing this same error and assumed that the latest 1.25 zip would contain the new cradmin.pl - I also downloaded the one in that thread to be sure.

Still getting this error when trying to edit styles....
AndyP

Postby AndyP » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:20 pm

OK, I found my problem line :

Code: Select all
<If: Field: CustomField_reviewplatform eq "None">

It was on the line almost directly above those that I copied and pasted...
AndyP

Postby AndyP » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:42 pm

OK, I managed to find an older copy of my crcfg.dat and found in it the instances of <If... eq... > tags... just copying and pasting the entire style for those instances from the working crfcg.dat into the current version appears to solve the problem... which raises two questions that I have...

1. I upgraded to v 1.25 and experienced this error after that upgrade. Does the current download package of 1.25 still contain the cradmin.pl that has the error because the one I downloaded gave me this problem ? I since updated to the version of cradmin.pl contained in the other thread and psoted by SrNupsen that I linked to above. Am I now safe to edit styles and up to date ? To be safe can somebody please post a working 1.25 version of cradmin.pl :) (edit: looks like I am fine, I backed it up and tried editing, it worked :))

2. Is there a way of automatically having coranto backup crcfg.dat like I can with nsettings.cgi and newsdat.txt ? (edit: I'm dumb, moveit already backs up crfcg.dat)

AndyP

Return to Troubleshooting