Filter by News Days

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Filter by News Days

Postby Dale Ray » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:11 am

As a result of the discussion in this thread I got involved in looking at the way that the Filter by Time and Skip Days profile settings work in Coranto.

If you have the Filter by Time set to 2 any news older than two days will not be displayed. If what you really want to do is show the news from the last two days that there is news for Filter by Time won't work.

So - I cobbled together:

Filter by News Days

This adds two new settings to the profile settings page. One setting is to limit the number of days news that is shown and the other to skip a number of days specified by the user.

Please make sure you read the included read me file for information on how to use this.

Compatibility

FBND was developed with Coranto 1.24. I do not know if it will work with earlier versions.

FBND has not been tested with any other addons.

Reports on your experience are welcome.

Version

Initial Release - 0.0.1 (March 18, 2005)

Consider this an ALPHA release. It has not been tested by anyone other than the author.

Please make sure you have a backup. I would appreciate feedback on this.

You can get it from here.

My thanks to all of the addon authors who have contributed in the past to the Coranto community.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Parahead » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:14 pm

Good work, Dale Ray, really nice to see that you have taken this interest in addon development! :-)

I have some suggestions for improvements though. If you create a new sub in your addon which uses the hook BuildNews_Filtering instead of placing a <If: Sub: limitDays> in the style which has a "next PROFLOOP;"-line if skipping should be performed it will work more "behind the scene" and without user intervention. Also, a side effect with the current approach is that it kind of confuses the newsitem count since the newsitem *is* processed, just not printed out.

Another thought is that if you use the BuildNews_Filtering hook and first call skipDays and then limitDays (doing a next PROFLOOP in between the calls if needed) I *think* it should be possible to specify both a skip value and a filter value.

Finaly, the newDateFlag is basically the same thing as calling isNewDate, isn´t it?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:37 am

The topic really went of topic so I splitted it to here instead:
http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7958

But I am sorry, Dale Ray, I also included your last answer as well in the split, I only ment to use the last sentance, which was the trigger for us to go off topic... ;-)
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Return to Addon Release and Support