Addon Releases: ChangeDateNew 3.5

All new Coranto Addons, updates and patches to addons, will be released here...also, get support for addons within!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Addon Releases: ChangeDateNew 3.5

Postby Parahead » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:32 pm

A new release of this addon, including the following changes/updates:

• Improved the error checks and corresponding messages to handle the 'Month out of range' problem.
  • Now possible to choose if both date and time (or only the date) should be possible to alter.
  • If the 'only alter date' option is choosen, the time is set to '00:00:01' if the date is changed.
  • Added option to choose which date format to use when entering dates at the submit news page.
  • The news database is updated when enabling this version to use Unix timestamp instead of 'dd-mm-yyyy'.
  • Changed marker in ChangeDateNew_SpeedupCode sub to BUILDNEWS_SKIPDELETE to comply with the 1.30.x series of Coranto.
  • Changed the precedence for when the hooks SaveNews_2 and ChangeDateNew_SaveNews_2 should be executed to -10.
To my knowledge this version should work well with both the current stable release of Coranto (1.24) as well as the latest release in the development branch (1.30.9).

Download here!
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby shanemckiness » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:18 am

problem with updating to new changedate version..:

An error has occurred. The exact description of the error is:
Addon ChangeDateNew (cra_changedatenew.pl) caused an error. Disable the addon to prevent this error from recurring. Error: Subroutine main::SplitDataFile was called, but does not exist. (It isn't already loaded, and it isn't in the cache.) at crcore.pl line 568, line 1.

If this error indicates a problem that you don't know how to solve, see the Coranto documentation and FAQ. If these resources don't help, make a (detailed!) post to the Coranto Forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USEFUL INFORMATION

Perl may have generated the following error: Bad file descriptor
Perl Version: 5.008004
Script Version: 1.24
Script Build: 39
Script RC: 0
Script URL: http://www.xxxx.com/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
@INC:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.4/i686-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.4
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/i686-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
Script Location (Method 1): coranto.cgi
Script Location (Method 2): /home/xxx/public_html/cgi-bin/coranto

ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SCRIPT_NAME: /cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
SERVER_NAME: www.xxxx.com
HTTP_REFERER: http://www.xxx.com/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
SERVER_ADMIN: webmaster@xxxx.com
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate
HTTP_CONNECTION: Keep-Alive
REQUEST_METHOD: POST
HTTP_ACCEPT: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*
CONTENT_LENGTH: 65
SCRIPT_FILENAME: /home/xxxx/public_html/cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.9 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634a mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
QUERY_STRING:
REMOTE_PORT: 2166
HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
SERVER_PORT: 80
HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL: no-cache
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us,en-au;q=0.8,en-ca;q=0.5,en-gb;q=0.3
REMOTE_ADDR: 24.219.229.215
CONTENT_TYPE: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
PATH: /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
REQUEST_URI: /cgi-bin/coranto/coranto.cgi
GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI/1.1
SERVER_ADDR: 67.18.232.10
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/xxxx/public_html
HTTP_HOST: www.xxxx.com

MESSAGE: Addon ChangeDateNew (cra_changedatenew.pl) caused an error. Disable the addon to prevent this error from recurring. Error: Subroutine main::SplitDataFile was called, but does not exist. (It isn't already loaded, and it isn't in the cache.) at crcore.pl line 568, line 1.
http://www.epicsff.com Epic Science Fiction & Fantasy Online Magazine
shanemckiness

Postby Parahead » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:09 am

shanemckiness wrote:problem with updating to new changedate version..:

An error has occurred. The exact description of the error is:
Addon ChangeDateNew (cra_changedatenew.pl) caused an error. Disable the addon to prevent this error from recurring. Error: Subroutine main::SplitDataFile was called, but does not exist. (It isn't already loaded, and it isn't in the cache.) at crcore.pl line 568, line 1.
You did get a message about ChangeDateNew will update the news database and it was when you pressed "Yes" that this happend, correct?

Try version 3.5.1, same download place as before... Let me know if it fixes the problem.
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:41 pm

I release version 3.5.2 which contains a fix for the problem with using the Server Time Offset that has been reported in this thread, so anyone experiencing any problems regarding that should upgrade to this release. This is a bug that has been existing in ChangeDateNew for quite some time and is not only related to 3.5...

Same download link as before...
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:00 pm

Releasing a small bugfix version of ChangeDateNew labeled 3.5.3, which contains a fix for the problem reported in this thread and now the documentation includes a section about the suggested approach if you are in need to rebuild your news periodically, which in short is; use the Autobuild addon together with cron.

Parahead

Postby Parahead » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:33 pm

Argh, discovered another minor bug with the help from msbzdragn so I am now releasing 3.5.4 which takes care of that one too...

The problem was that if you only changed the submit time and left the date blank it was reset to 1 january 1970 which is "year zero" in Unix.

Parahead

Postby Parahead » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:00 pm

msbzdragn found another bug in CDN, which must have been in there since the dawn of time. Basically what the problem was about is that when posting a newsitem without changing the submit date/time when a future newsitem already existed the current newsitem appeared before the future newsitem. This would only have been a problem for people having the filter future items set to No though.

Anyway, here is the 3.5.5 release which takes care of this issue, same download link as before...
Parahead

Postby Feathers » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:15 am

Is the topic of this thread the one addressed in 3.5.5?
Mike
(Maintaining the vB3Comments addon)
Feathers

Make year optional, seconds optional

Postby Dale Ray » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:51 pm

I use ChangeDateNew a lot and two things I would like to see added are an option to not have to enter seconds when altering the time, if this option was set the time would be entered without the seconds by the user and default to :00 on submission. I would also like for the year of the date to default to the current year if not entered. The user could then enter 15-04 and it would default to April 15 of the current year.

I work with schedules a lot and have to enter time and date for almost every entry, this may not seem like much, but would save a lot of time.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Groterra » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:06 am

I have changed CDN 3.2 to 3.5.5 and actives enddate profiles stop to work. I have tried to return to CDN 3.2 but when I digit and enddate Coranto reports that error: "Month '-1' out of range 0..11 at (eval 44) line 65, line 67."

Linux OS
Coranto 1.30.3
X MultiSubmit 2.0 Beta 8
Maginot 10
Groterra

Postby Groterra » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:14 pm

I have tested CDN 3.55 in a Coranto 1.23 environement and actives enddate profiles stop to work also.

Xitami server
Groterra

Postby Groterra » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:35 am

I have done tests with CDN 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 to verify possible bug related to actives enddate profiles. Until CDN 3.3 actives enddate profiles work fine, but from CDN 3.4 to 3.5 they don't work.
Groterra

Postby Parahead » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:41 pm

feathers wrote:Is the topic of this thread the one addressed in 3.5.5?
Yes, that is correct. I had forgotten about that thread but remembered it again when I had fixed the problem and it was a really easy solution after all... :-)

Dale Ray wrote:I use ChangeDateNew a lot and two things I would like to see added are an option to not have to enter seconds when altering the time, if this option was set the time would be entered without the seconds by the user and default to :00 on submission. I would also like for the year of the date to default to the current year if not entered. The user could then enter 15-04 and it would default to April 15 of the current year.
Request noted and I will look into this, no time frame though...

groterra wrote:I have changed CDN 3.2 to 3.5.5 and actives enddate profiles stop to work. I have tried to return to CDN 3.2 but when I digit and enddate Coranto reports that error: "Month '-1' out of range 0..11 at (eval 44) line 65, line 67."
The CDN 3.5 release updates the newsdatabase to use a timestamp (seconds since January 1 1970) instead of yyyy-mm-dd so if you try and revert to an old version of CDN that will *not* work.

groterra wrote:I have done tests with CDN 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 to verify possible bug related to actives enddate profiles. Until CDN 3.3 actives enddate profiles work fine, but from CDN 3.4 to 3.5 they don't work.
The end date feature is working for me in my setup. I haven´t had any other reports about this feature not working but I will try and look into what can be causing this. Anyone else that can either confirm this problem?
Parahead

Postby Groterra » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:54 am

I have tested CDN 3.5.5 with coranto 1.30.9. I choosen in "Change Settings" page which profiles I wanted the enddate to be active for and submitted news with a date to get that profiles off from homepage. Results were the same as previous tests done with actives enddate profiles: all headlines were still in homepage. During tests with "end date move", news were transfered to another category but headlines associated with them remained still in homepage.
Groterra

Postby Parahead » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:09 am

groterra wrote:I have tested CDN 3.5.5 with coranto 1.30.9. I choosen in "Change Settings" page which profiles I wanted the enddate to be active for and submitted news with a date to get that profiles off from homepage. Results were the same as previous tests done with actives enddate profiles: all headlines were still in homepage. During tests with "end date move", news were transfered to another category but headlines associated with them remained still in homepage.
Thank you for this information. The fact that it is the *headlines* that is affected by the problems has not been clear to me in your previous posts... Just to be sure I understand you, the scenario is the same with either Coranto 1.24 or 1.30.9 with CDN 3.5.5?

EDIT: I have checked out CDN 3.5.5 a little bit more on a clean 1.30.9 install and there is some problems, I agree. The problems seams to be releated to the "Active Enddate Profiles" options. When enabling headlines for a profile there is a new headline-option available in that list, which wasn´t there before, this can cause confusion. Also, the option to specify profiles there doesn´t seem to work that good, when choosing a specific profile newsitems that has been passed still gets included in the output. I will do some more investigation and get back to you...
Parahead

Next

Return to Addon Release and Support