Coranto 1.31.2 BETA

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby Feathers » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:29 pm

Is it correct that on a fresh installation, the 'Default' category is available to 'nobody'?

It's easy enough to fix (i.e. open it up and select 'All Users') but as 'nobody' is not a state one can actively select, is it right to have it selected by default. (I know Admins can get at all categories anyway)

Any other Category you create defaults to 'All Users'.

--------------------------

Attempting to remove a user causes:

Untrapped Error: Subroutine main::RemoveUser encountered a compile error during autoload: syntax error at (eval 11) line 5, near ") unless"syntax error at (eval 11) line 10, near ";}"


and provides the usual stack trace which I can provide if this is unrepeatable.

--------------------------

I know I'm not looking at Addons but... ChangeDateNew works but uses the 'Internal' category name for the 'End date Move' field and has no default 'Date input format'
Mike
(Maintaining the vB3Comments addon)
Feathers
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: London

Postby Parahead » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:46 pm

feathers wrote:Is it correct that on a fresh installation, the 'Default' category is available to 'nobody'?

It's easy enough to fix (i.e. open it up and select 'All Users') but as 'nobody' is not a state one can actively select, is it right to have it selected by default. (I know Admins can get at all categories anyway)

Any other Category you create defaults to 'All Users'.
I will check this out... Actually you *can* unselect all options in the Permissions box (or any multiple selection box for that matter), just hold in CTRL and click on the selected item. Anyway, I will add a check to prevent "no selection/nobody" when submitting the Category settings. I also discovered a small (cosmetic) bug at the News Categories overview page, if a user is selected the text "This category is available to..." also contains the word changedatenew_cat which seams to be some issue with CDN and the Category addon.

feathers wrote:Attempting to remove a user causes:
Untrapped Error: Subroutine main::RemoveUser encountered a compile error during autoload: syntax error at (eval 11) line 5, near ") unless"syntax error at (eval 11) line 10, near ";}"

and provides the usual stack trace which I can provide if this is unrepeatable.
Thanks, I will look into this. I have been able to replicate it as well... For the time being if it is required, disable the user instead.


feathers wrote:I know I'm not looking at Addons but... ChangeDateNew works but uses the 'Internal' category name for the 'End date Move' field and has no default 'Date input format'
The visual/display name for the Categories are quite new, so the CDN addon hasn't been updated to handle this yet, but thank you for the reminder. I will check out about the date input format. What happens at the submit news page, is it just blank inside the () where the desired format should be printed out? Is this the "only" problems you have found with CDN? Would be good to catch all issues and make it 1.31.x compliant in one sweep...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
User avatar
Parahead
 
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Stockholm - Sweden

Postby Feathers » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:14 pm

Parahead wrote:I will check this out... Actually you *can* unselect all options in the Permissions box (or any multiple selection box for that matter), just hold in CTRL and click on the selected item.

OK, I've learnt something today.

Parahead wrote:I also discovered a small (cosmetic) bug at the News Categories overview page, if a user is selected the text "This category is available to..." also contains the word changedatenew_cat which seams to be some issue with CDN and the Category addon.

I can only see this in 1.24. The Beta seems to cope.

Parahead wrote:I have been able to replicate it as well... For the time being if it is required, disable the user instead.

No problem, it's only a test installaion, I was just trying this for the sake of it. :D

Parahead wrote:The visual/display name for the Categories are quite new, so the CDN addon hasn't been updated to handle this yet, but thank you for the reminder. I will check out about the date input format. What happens at the submit news page, is it just blank inside the () where the desired format should be printed out? Is this the "only" problems you have found with CDN? Would be good to catch all issues and make it 1.31.x compliant in one sweep...

I realise the name format is new so assumed this was the reason.

Yes, the date format is simply '()' with nothing inside on the 'Submit' form. Simply saving changes on the Settings page fixes this.

These are the only CDN problems I've found though I haven't exercised it exhaustively - it's simply present and configured to replicate our normal daily use of Coranto. I haven't tried any of the other settings
Mike
(Maintaining the vB3Comments addon)
Feathers
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: London

upgrade script>

Postby shanemckiness » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:11 pm

Will there be an upgrade script soon? Ill likey to try it out. I currently use these addons:

ChangeDateNew 3.5.6
CustomFields 0.8.7
LinkValidator 1.3
Maginot 15
Moveit! alfa build 1
Multipart 1.57
News Categories 10 RC6

Regards,
Shane
shanemckiness
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 5:14 pm

Re: upgrade script>

Postby Parahead » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:18 pm

shanemckiness wrote:Will there be an upgrade script soon? Ill likey to try it out.
Producing an upgrade script from 1.24 to 1.31.x is one of the last things that should be done before 1.31.x will be stable. The simple reason is that otherwise people will be tempted to upgrade before they should. Like I said before, Coranto 1.31.x is in BETA stage...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
User avatar
Parahead
 
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Stockholm - Sweden

Postby plushpuffin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:53 pm

Sorry I've been away for so long, I wandered off and got lost, and ended up in Mexico.

I'm pleased to see that you have the new Coranto out in the open now.

I would like to make a request: Don't bother crediting me with this release. My contributions were mainly in a consulting sense, looking over the source for bugs and possible infringement of code before the release. I made a few small additions with regard to directory and file handling, but that's it.
I LIKE PIE
User avatar
plushpuffin
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:28 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Postby SrNupsen » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:17 pm

*Bakes welcome back-pie for plush*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen
 
Posts: 2229
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Nesodden, outside Oslo, Norway

Postby bozoka45 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:25 am

There's a bug in the RemoveUser sub.

Change:

Code: Select all
AreYouSure(CRgetmsg(q~Are you sure you want to remove user "[_1]&quot? When a user is removed, everything in the user database associated with that user is removed as well. For instance, the user's e-mail address will be deleted, and will no longer be displayed in news items posted by that user. Disabling rather than removing the user is usually a better choice.~, $user) unless $in{'really'};


To:

Code: Select all
AreYouSure(CRgetmsg(q~Are you sure you want to remove user "[_1]&quot? When a user is removed, everything in the user database associated with that user is removed as well. For instance, the user's e-mail address will be deleted, and will no longer be displayed in news items posted by that user. Disabling rather than removing the user is usually a better choice.~, $user)) unless $in{'really'};


Notice that the AreYouSure parenthesis is never closed.
User avatar
bozoka45
 
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:38 pm
Location: New Orleans

Postby bozoka45 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:05 am

Well, I heeded all warnings and decided to use Coranto on a live site, at my own risk ;). I kinda botched the "install" by copying over files and then updating the nsettings.cgi manually. This is the best testing condition. It's "hardcore" (I like the use of that word in parahead's first post). Anyway, the only bug I could find is listed in the post above, and I haven't had any major problems with any of the addons listed below. I use "major" because I don't want to come under fire by saying "no problems at all." I'm sure something will arise.

Also to note, a few of the addons require minor changes because of the folder structure. I updated some addons myself when cerberos' version came out and posted them at random places on the board.

Anyway:

Addon Enabler build 2
Addon Lister 1.2
Anne Rice build 4
Approval Manager beta 7
Backup build 2 (privacy compliant)
ChangeDateNew 3.5.6
Chmod 0.2
CopyNews 0.4
CustomFields 0.8.7 (Build 22)
Disable Reset Button 1
EasyEdit 1.0.1
Erdë ( ChangeUser Revised ) 1.0
ezStats 0.94
FakeSQL 3.4
Field Helper 1.0
Filter By Field 2 2.1
isNewValue 0.1 (Build 1)
LinkValidator 1.2 (Build 3)
Maginot build 15-rc6
Modify News : Include Field 0.1 RC 1 build 3
Modify News: User Column build 2 (privacy compliant)
Moveit! alfa build 1
Multipart 1.59 (Build 25)
News Categories build 9 (privacy compliant)
NewsCounter 0.4
NoBR 1.0
NumericNewsid 0.1
Partial Rebuild build 3
phpBB Comments 2.0 beta 5
Prisoner's Dilemma build 1
QueryFetcher 0.1 (Build 2)
ShadowMail 2.2 (Build 19)
Shutdown 1.00
Snipper 1.0
Sort Orders 2.3
Sort True-Alphabetical 1.0
SQL Search Alpha 4
Style Debugger 0.1
SubmitMultiple build1
Template Editor 1.01
Title Fields 1.0
UpperCase Position 1.0
X MultiSubmit 2.4.1
User avatar
bozoka45
 
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:38 pm
Location: New Orleans

Postby Parahead » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:21 pm

plushpuffin wrote:My contributions were mainly in a consulting sense, looking over the source for bugs and possible infringement of code before the release.
I for one value your consulting efforts... :-D

bozoka45 wrote:There's a bug in the RemoveUser sub.
Thanks for pointing out the exact location in that sub, I will update this in the next release.

bozoka45 wrote:Well, I heeded all warnings and decided to use Coranto on a live site, at my own risk ;-).
Thanks for pointing out that it is at your own risk, since it is not something I recommend for the normal user, but instead would vote against. I do appreciate you testing this out though. :-D
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
User avatar
Parahead
 
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Stockholm - Sweden

Postby bozoka45 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:45 am

Ok, posting this simply because I thought it was worth mentioning, but I'm not suggesting anything. I was browing through Coranto, I believe I hit "Edit Users" and all of a sudden got an error saying nsettings.cgi was missing. Sure enough, it was. The backup seems to be up to date (although a little timestamp or something besides the one I can read through shell would be cool). I was (probably) the only user on at the time, there's only 4 and I'm pretty sure the rest weren't around.

Not a bug report, just feedback that could be helpful in the future.
User avatar
bozoka45
 
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:38 pm
Location: New Orleans

Postby Parahead » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:21 pm

bozoka45 wrote:Ok, posting this simply because I thought it was worth mentioning, but I'm not suggesting anything. I was browing through Coranto, I believe I hit "Edit Users" and all of a sudden got an error saying nsettings.cgi was missing. Sure enough, it was. The backup seems to be up to date (although a little timestamp or something besides the one I can read through shell would be cool). I was (probably) the only user on at the time, there's only 4 and I'm pretty sure the rest weren't around.
Just to give a response to this. One of the things I am planning to dig into is the saving of nsettings.cgi and newsdat.txt and simulate alot of different error scenarios that can happen and make sure that every one of them is covered and handled in a nice way as much as possible. Some errors are just not possible to prevent so allowing the admin some options withing the Coranto interface to recover from the ones that can't be prevented will also be implemented.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
User avatar
Parahead
 
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Stockholm - Sweden

Postby bozoka45 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:43 pm

It happened again. I would think it's safe to say it's a bug. I'm not sure exactly what's causing it (sorry para) but it's definatly a bug somewhere. I'll keep my eyes open.
User avatar
bozoka45
 
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:38 pm
Location: New Orleans

Postby Parahead » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:51 am

bozoka45 wrote:It happened again. I would think it's safe to say it's a bug. I'm not sure exactly what's causing it (sorry para) but it's definatly a bug somewhere. I'll keep my eyes open.
If you could pinpoint the certain chain of events that is causing this or describe what you do in the interface it would help track this down. Also if you could say exactly which files are to be found in the folder where nsettings.cgi is located when this happens, for example if you have "nsettings.lock", "nsbk.cgi" or "nsbk_X.cgi" files in there (please state timestamp of those files as well).

The errormessage you recieve, is it "ReadConfigInfo could not locate the file '/path/to/nsettings.cgi'"?
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
User avatar
Parahead
 
Posts: 4837
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Stockholm - Sweden

Postby bozoka45 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:27 am

I'll definately try to pinpoint the chain of events, but I do have a few answers for you.

Code: Select all
-rw-rw-rw-    1     98597 Oct  8 14:54 nsbk_1.cgi
-rw-r--r--    1     89927 Oct  5 00:41 nsbk_2.cgi
-rw-r--r--    1     89732 Oct  9 05:24 nsbk.cgi


Yeas, I did receive the ReadConfigInfo error message.
User avatar
bozoka45
 
Posts: 1159
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:38 pm
Location: New Orleans

PreviousNext

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron