Coranto 1.30.9

Archive of notes and cross input on Dev versions of Coranto (1.25.1 and Older)

Moderators: Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Postby cerberos76_ » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:11 pm

I suggest NOT to upgrade.
Specially if you feel you need upgrade instructions, it is best if you stay with the current (1.24) version, while the beta is worked out to stability.
There are a number of known bugs which would prevent full use of it...
Better wait!
Coranto addons:
* GuestPost, one click guestposting
* MoveIt!, Advanced Backup and site transfer
* PartialRebuild, CPU-friendly enhancement of FullBuild
* URLColumn, URLs for multiple Categories/Profiles
* Tickit!, Javascript News Tickers/Faders for Coranto!
* AddonEnabler, enables or disables single, multiple or all addons in one go
* SubmitMultiple, post consecutive news in an automatic loop!
* RSSAdvanced, RelatedNews ....

Get them at: http://coranto.gweilo.org/addons/
cerberos76_

Postby Parahead » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:17 pm

I have started to check out the 1.30.9 release and have plans on looking into the DB-layer thing I have mentioned before. I also plan on fixing bugs as I encounter them and look in to the ones reported in this thread previously.

Anyway, I have found a problem with the language option under User Profile, it is not set to the previously saved option when re-entering the page, it is always set to the Global Site Setting. I will look into what is causing this.

Another thing I think can be improved in 1.30.x is when saving a Normal Profile. If one has specified a path at the 'File Path' setting, but it doesn´t exist one get the pretty ugly errormessage with environment variables and stuff when performing a build. My suggestion is that we perform a check if the folder exists when saving the profile, preferably with a Yes/No option to save it anyway.
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:57 pm

bozoka45 wrote:I was able to temporarily fix this error:

Untrapped Error: Subroutine main::GetDirInfo was called, but does not exist. (It isn't already loaded, and it isn't in the cache.) at crcore.pl line 614.

By finding the sub GetDirInfo in coranto.cgi and putting it into viewnews.cgi. I'm pretty sure that's not the right way to do it, but it works.
This problem is caused by a change in the ReadConfigInfo sub in crlib.pl, I assume in an effort to make a more intelligent and automatic guess where nsettings.cgi is located. The solution you have provided to add the GetDirInfo into viewnews.cgi is probably the best approach, since the GetDirInfo is also used by the CRdie sub which may need it only if coranto.cgi has been able to been loaded.

On a a similiar matter, the need to use the GetDirInfo should be tried to be kept to a minimum, since there is allready a variable defined for this purpose. Anyway, I have noticed that it is used in the GetLangOptions sub as well;
Code: Select all
my $dirname = GetDirInfo();
$langdir ||="$dirname/languages";

And this could be changed to:
$langdir ||="$CConfig{'admin_path'}/languages";
Parahead

Postby cerberos76_ » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:43 pm

Parahead wrote:
Anyway, I have found a problem with the language option under User Profile, it is not set to the previously saved option when re-entering the page, it is always set to the Global Site Setting. I will look into what is causing this.

Good to see some new checking. I suggest to check also in the nsettings. I remember having done some testing on it and it seemed to work.
I.e. if I set my language to spanish as a user and I log off, then relog in with the user preference option, the language will be spanish (as it should). So it might be a display problem in the User pages.

Another thing I think can be improved in 1.30.x is when saving a Normal Profile. If one has specified a path at the 'File Path' setting, but it doesn´t exist one get the pretty ugly errormessage with environment variables and stuff when performing a build. My suggestion is that we perform a check if the folder exists when saving the profile, preferably with a Yes/No option to save it anyway.

I did not notice this. I agree with the solution proposed.
Coranto addons:

cerberos76_

Postby LoneOwl » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:13 pm

Or maybe create the directory.... Something like this would work....
my $dir = '/path/to/create';
unless (-d $dir or mkdir $dir) {
    my $prevdir = '';
    foreach my $subdir (split m~/~, $dir) {
        if ($subdir eq '') {
            # root dir...
            $prevdir .= '/';
            next;
        }
        mkdir $prevdir.$subdir or die $!;
        $prevdir .= $subdir.'/';
    }
}
But I'd make it as an option, since a typo can bring about this problem, when the directory structures, including old files, are still present.
LoneOwl

Postby Parahead » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:37 am

cerberos76 wrote:I.e. if I set my language to spanish as a user and I log off, then relog in with the user preference option, the language will be spanish (as it should). So it might be a display problem in the User pages.
I have fixed and improved the handling of the dropdowns at both the login-page, the General Settings page and the User Settings page. It is now working as expected and the info in the dropdowns are not that confusing.

LoneOwl wrote:Or maybe create the directory....

But I'd make it as an option, since a typo can bring about this problem, when the directory structures, including old files, are still present.
I have now implemented it so the user trying to save the Profile gets a "Are you Sure"-question if the path doesn´t exist. Creating the path can be a bit dangerous, the probable cause it doesn´t exist would be a typo, thus creating it isn´t that good...
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:34 pm

Just a little thought, the countnews (and countfiltnews) hash array has been used to determain if the files during the build process should be truncated before write or appended to. The code that has been used looks like this (as an example):
if (++$countnews{$i}==1) {$FilesOpened{$i} = CRopen(">$ProfFilePath{$i}/$newsprofiles{$i}->{'textfile'}");}
else {$FilesOpened{$i} = CRopen(">>$ProfFilePath{$i}/$newsprofiles{$i}->{'textfile'}");}
Is there any particular need to use the countnews hash other than for this purpose? Since we have had so much trouble with this approach in the past, I would suggest something like this instead, which will do the same thing but in a safer way:
if (exists $FilesOpened{$i}) {
 $FilesOpened{$i} = CRopen(">>$ProfFilePath{$i}/$newsprofiles{$i}->{'textfile'}");
} else {
 $FilesOpened{$i} = CRopen(">$ProfFilePath{$i}/$newsprofiles{$i}->{'textfile'}");
}

I have done a search and there isn´t any addon to my knowledge that uses the countnews hash and it is tricky to rely on anyway.
Parahead

Postby Parahead » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:00 pm

Another thing cerberos, how would you like to proceed with 1.30.9? I have made some bugfixes and improvements, but as I understand it you have as well? How do we best blend these changes together into one (1.30.10 release)?
Parahead

Postby cerberos76_ » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:56 pm

For the countnews, yes the main purpose is to keep track of the first news in order to open the file. Your suggestion is probably also going to work, but will need some testing to check if we did not miss any special case.

can you send me the current files you changed and your changelog?
I will use a diff program and erge the two for a release. I have some time in the next 2 days, so we can put out this bug-fixed version for those who are testing the alphas.
Coranto addons:

cerberos76_

Postby Parahead » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:20 am

cerberos76 wrote:For the countnews, yes the main purpose is to keep track of the first news in order to open the file. Your suggestion is probably also going to work, but will need some testing to check if we did not miss any special case.
It does work. The countnews can´t be trusted 100% if used for any other purpose (like as a counter) anyway.

cerberos76 wrote:can you send me the current files you changed and your changelog?
I will use a diff program and erge the two for a release. I have some time in the next 2 days, so we can put out this bug-fixed version for those who are testing the alphas.
The changelog so far looks like this:
  • Bugfix, now using exists when checking StripSSI in SaveNews sub, crcore.pl
  • bugfix, put an eval around the call to ReadConfigInfo in the PrintCSS sub, coranto.cgi. (This will prevent the 'Fatal Error:'-blank screen when FileLock is enabled but the OS can´t handle it.)
  • Bugfix, added defined for the precense test of 'shownewsdat' and 'showconfig' in the Debug-subs, crcore.pl
  • Bugfix, added 'addondoc2' => 'AddonDoc2_ShowDoc' to the AdminHandler in cradmin.pl
  • Bugfix, added sub GetDirInfo into viewnews.cgi since sub ReadConfigInfo in crlib.pl needs it
  • Bugfix, corrected how the language options was presented at login, General Settings and User Settings page
  • Bugfix, corrected how the language options was handled in the CheckLogin sub
  • Bugfix, changed the sub GetLangOptions quite a lot
  • Changed from calling sub GetDirInfo to using CConfig{admin_path} in crcore.pl, sub GetLangOptions
  • Now defaults Language to the global language setting in the StartUp sub, crcore.pl
  • Added Stack Trace in CRdie sub in coranto.cgi as suggested by LoneOwl http://coranto.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5816
  • Added a modified version of LoneOwl's Stack Trace in the AUTOLOAD sub in crcore.pl, for better targeting of calling sub.
  • Removed the global AutoLinkURL feature for Text, caused confusion since it can be specified at the Field Settings page anyway
  • Changed the code around the test of ModifyEditLink to a oneliner in the ModifyNews sub, crcore.pl
  • Fixed so that the single archive files are stored in another hash than FilesOpened, so they are not handled by the automatic link loop later on
  • Changed to use exists instead of a counter (countnews and countfiltnews) when opening outputfiles in BuildNews, crcore.pl
  • Now verifies that the 'File Path' output path exists when saving a Profile, sub EditProfileGeneralSave in cradmin.pl
  • Now the error-messages are being saved in an array when posting newsitems, so addons can override the error/OK-page better. (Will improve functionality for Guestpost. Guestpost, Multipart and CustomFields needs to be updated to my knowledge.)
  • Added new hooks for addons to be able to override error/OK-page when submitting/editing newsitems (SaveNews_Error, SaveNews_OK, ModifyNews_Error, ModifyNews_OK)
  • Removed commented out debug code in AddonDoc2_ShowDoc sub in cradmin.pl
Do you have any other bugfixes? Otherwise, sine i just need to fix one small thing I think it is better to release this as 1.30.10 and work from there?
Parahead

Postby cerberos76_ » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:03 pm

Well,
I have quite a few things that were changed some time ago, specially in the setup routine. But given this version is out, I will add these in 1.30.11
Coranto addons:

cerberos76_

Postby Dale Ray » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:37 pm

How about locking this topic and making the one for V 1.30.10 sticky?
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby SrNupsen » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:16 pm

Dale Ray wrote:How about locking this topic and making the one for V 1.30.10 sticky?

I stickied the 1.30.10 topic, but am keeping this one open for a while in case people have 1.30.9 specific things to report. And the reminder goes:

If you have comments regarding version 1.30.10, please post them in that thread!

SrNupsen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby msbzdragn » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:09 pm

The 1.30.9 core has been withdrawn as a member of this community has chosen to reverse his pledge to surrender legal rights to his code in that core, and is now making legal threats.

The core has been removed from this site, and that user has been permanently banned from the community.
Michael R. Tomkins
Administrator, 'Unofficial Coranto / NewsPro Forums'

Mitsubishi Diamante Forum

Do NOT send me instant messages asking for Coranto help without me telling you explicitly to do so. You WILL be placed on ignore if you do so; I don't have time to provide personal tech support to every person who IM's me. Sorry!
msbzdragn

Previous

Return to Coranto Development Archives -- 1.25.1 and Older