build news and full rebuild timing out -- please help

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

build news and full rebuild timing out -- please help

Postby Jgold723 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:25 pm

OK, hoping someone is listening out there...

My normally rock solid 1.24 installation is suddenly experiencing problems with build news/full rebuild. It started today as I was creating a new profile. Everything seemed to go fine, but when I tried to add an article to the profile, the build news function couldn't complete -- I just go the spinning browser wheel. And at least of my text files was completely blanked out.

Oddly enough, the article was added to the database. But because the build news function didn't complete, no txt file was created.

I've checked the newsdat.txt file -- it looks fine (there's data in there, including the new article)
I've tried replacing nsettings.cgi with the nsbk.cgi file (renaming it, of course) -- no luck
I've deleted the new profile I created -- no luck
I've disabled the profile that created the blanked out .txt file -- no luck

The script seems to work fine otherwise -- I can move around on the admin site without problem.

Any ideas? Please!

John
Jgold723

Re: build news and full rebuild timing out -- please help

Postby Jgold723 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:08 am

This was resolved -- I think it had something to do with my host and not my Coranto install, although I'm not sure. The message from the hosting admin was that it has "something to do with symlinks."

If anyone can shed light on what symlinks might have to do with this issue, that would be great.

John
Jgold723

Return to Troubleshooting