How are News IDs Made by Coranto?

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

How are News IDs Made by Coranto?

Postby mark99 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:34 am

Just a quick question.

Coranto, at least the older version that we still maintain in a locked-down state, tends to make news IDs like EkFZpkpykuPNbHjidM or EEykFpFFAuBzmkUldl. I'd just like to know how these are made? Are they random or do they correlate to something like article dates, times etc.

One reason for asking is because I'm looking to combine some old flat-file coranto news databases into a single file but I'm worried that some of the news ID's might clash if any of them contain similar IDs. Now whether or not this will be a problem depends upon how those IDs are created, if they're date based then there won't be any repeats as my old coranto database files are date ordered (I separated them to keep the main system running fast every couple of years).
mark99

Re: How are News IDs Made by Coranto?

Postby SrNupsen » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:15 pm

They will never clash. If my memory is correct, eight of the characters are based on a unix timestamp and the rest is randomized. So there is 0 chance of any clash whatsoever :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Return to Troubleshooting