Transfer Coranto to Multiple Domains

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Transfer Coranto to Multiple Domains

Postby clockwork-design » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi,

I'm building 10 sites with separate domains which I'm planning to install Coranto to use as a CMS - the functionality for each domain is identical. I would be using the Multipart Add On. There are quite a lot of profiles and styles involved. What is the best way to do this:

1. Do I have to install Coranto and set-up 10 times on each domain?
2. Can I set-up on one domain and transfer/copy files to the other domains and change the absolute paths somewhere?

Any advice greatly appreciated before the time consuming task of 10 installs and set-ups!

Thanks,
Chris
clockwork-design

Re: Transfer Coranto to Multiple Domains

Postby Jackanape » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:09 pm

You can just do one set up and transfer it to all your other domains with a simple few changes.

The theory is the same as we've used for our Distro Packages (some of that info we've lost over the last month in the server change) and I've dug some up for you here. Do your setup on one domain, as you want it, with addons, etc, and then follow the instructions below to create a preconfigured "fresh install" for your other sites. Then, all you need to do is login with the original setup password, and everything is ready and waiting for you.

If it's a particularly good package, you might want to consider releasing it as a distribution package here. Not only would it help others in the same boat, but it would be there whenever you might need it in the future!

####################################################
### ###
### How to make Coranto Distribution Package ###
### ###
####################################################

1) Set up and configure your package

2) Open nsettings.cgi

3) Remove your sessions data.

Find:

"Sessions``xcttawwiwdjOttDENWJ!x!(username)!x!9f7750f8e2f8aa7feb2134114d8414efc313d57d!x!127.0.0.1!x!bwWvkj!x!1220455675"

Change to:

"Sessions``x"

4) Remove your userdata.

Find:

"userdata``x(username)"

Change to:

"userdata``x"

Find:

"user-(username)``xCPassword!x!9f7750f8e2f8aa7feb2134114d8414efc313d57d|x|UserLevel!x!3|x|Email!x!baby@daddy.com|x|LastLogin!x!1220448475"

And DELETE.

5) ADD the following lines:

"firsttime``xyes
ForceFullBuild``x1"

Your distro package should be reset and ready to distribute to fresh installs.

Good Luck!
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby clockwork-design » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks for the info Jackanape, I think my previous account got lost in the server change also!

Really helpful and will save me hours of repetitve work! I'll give it a try and hopefully it will go smoothly. Happy to upload as a distribution package with an example URL for the future.

I may be in touch if I have problems... ;)

All the best.
clockwork-design

Postby clockwork-design » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi Jackanape,

A slight problem I hope you can help me with. Followed you instructions to the letter, checked the relevant files were CHMOD'd correctly after uploading and reached the login page. Entered my username and password as per the original install and was sent to the Login Failure page. This was initially without checking 'remember password' and then with that checked. Definitely the correct login details as per the original install - and only one user had been set-up.

I tried the ChangePassword.cgi script, that didn't work, it didn't seem to pick up a user who's password I could change.

I'm running Coranto v1.25.2

If you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
clockwork-design

Postby Jackanape » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:58 am

Once you go through the steps above, you'll have deleted any original user as set up in your package...the 4th step removes your userdata, and the 5th step above, "5) ADD the following lines:", forces an initial login as a new user.

You'll need to set up your user again for each install, but the rest of the addons, styles, etc, will still all be present.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby clockwork-design » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks... I've managed to log-in. I did have a previous install of Coranto on the new hosting, then replaced with the distro package and couldn't log in - possibly caching issues with my hosting server? Not sure, but it's working now.

I managed to login with the user details I set up on the install used for the distro package, there was an error regarding paths to back-up and multipart add ons but after updating the paths in 'Change Settings' all worked.

Thanks again.
clockwork-design

Return to Troubleshooting