exporting content

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

exporting content

Postby Jasonb » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:09 pm

Hi guys, long time user of coranto, first time poster :-)

My company is thinking of moving from Coranto 1.30.9 to a different CMS (Drupal or Joomla perhaps) - but how would I go about exporting all the content/stories from Coranto?

thx in advance
Jasonb

Postby Jackanape » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:14 am

I'm not familiar with either CMS. Naturally, I would recommend you stick with Coranto, as it is far more flexible than the alternatives...
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Dale Ray » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:27 pm

You could write a custom script in Perl or php that reads the newsdat.txt file and imports it into the new CMS's database. I believe that at one time there was a Mambo script for this.

You could use the fake SQL addon to get the Coranto data into a MySQL database and then use SQL commands to move the data to a new database.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Troubleshooting