Archives Issues

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Archives Issues

Postby Lurkem » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:41 pm

Hey guys! I was hoping you could help me with a little issue I've got here. If you head over to http://www.threesixtynation.com/ and try to go to the Archived News (or just directly go to http://archives.threesixtynation.com/) you will see that March 2008 is sitting there.

While I have archiving enabled and everything set the way I always set it (this is far from the first time I've installed/used Coranto), it acts as if it no longer updates. That archived news article is an old one that I had already deleten anyway.

There is currently only one news post on the site, and that doesn't even generate in an April archive file. In fact, the only files that show are:

news-archive.html
news-archive-3-2008.html
news-archive-23-3-2008.html
news-archive-25-3-2008.html
news-archive-links.html

It's like no matter what I do, it no longer wants to archive anything.

Now, under Administration > Edit News Styles > Archive Link Style I changed the default text that was there. I think this may have to do with it.

If someone knows how to fix my problem, please tell me. If not, at least someone send me or post that initial text that is supposed to go in the "Archive Link Style" so I can try that. I don't feel like reinstalling Coranto :(.
Lurkem

Postby driv » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:10 pm

Hi
Nice site you are putting together, there :)

Here is the archive style (I don't remember changing this one at all)

Code: Select all
<a href="<Field: FileName>"><Field: ArchiveDate></a><br />

Just a thought, but, have you tried checking the main profile settings? (As opposed to the archive settings?)
driv

Postby Lurkem » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:03 pm

Yeah, I've checked everything. I can't figure it out. And thanks, it's gonna be a pretty cool site. We're gonna be giving out a bunch of copies of Grand Theft Auto 4 in May. Anyway, but thanks for the default code. If anyone knows what else I should try, lemme know. Thanks.
Lurkem

Postby Lurkem » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:09 pm

LOL...it's the stupid things in life that gets us, isn't it?

Mod or admin, feel free to close or delete this. I forgot I changed it so that it would not archive until after 20 posts. Der...
Lurkem

Postby driv » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:00 am

Hah! Been there done that....
(That's why I suggested checking the main profile settings)

Good to know you found it :D
driv

Return to Troubleshooting