Too Many Profiles?

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Too Many Profiles?

Postby bnslkz22 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:43 am

I have been using Coranto forever now, and I have never had any troubles. In my current set-up, I have made 12 profiles.

When I enable more than 10 profiles, I got this error when attempting to Build News or do a Full Rebuild:

"Unable to open www/newsdat.txt. Too many open files at crcore.pl line 281."

If I disable a profile, to drop below 10 total enabled profiles, Build News works fine. However, I still cannot do a Full Rebuild. I get this error message:

"Unable to open /mnt/w0700/d23/s11/b0264f51/www/news-archive-11-2007.html. Too many open files at crcore.pl line 281, <FH> line 17."

Certainly Coranto can handle more than 10 profiles? What is causing the problem here?
bnslkz22

Postby Dale Ray » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:22 am

This could possibly be as the result of limitations set on the server. You should ask your host if they limit the number of files that can be opened at one time. Coranto has no problems with more then 10 profiles.

There is an addon named PartialRebuild that allows you to build only selected profiles and lessens the server load. Unfortunately the author released it with a restrictive license that does not allow others to distribute it.

You can read another discussion of this problem for more information.

PartialRebuild release announcement
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Troubleshooting