Error 500 After MySQL Upgrade

Is Coranto not working properly for you? Here's where to ask for support help; for best results, follow these steps:
  • - Check your core/addon documentation for possible solutions
  • - Search these forums for similar problems that have already been solved
  • - If you're still stumped, check out THIS TOPIC, and post your question in this forum!!

Moderators: Spunkmeyer, Dale Ray, SrNupsen, Bluetooth, Jackanape

Error 500 After MySQL Upgrade

Postby Smoniz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Hello All

My web host upgraded their MySQL & Apache to the latest version last night, I noticed while they were in the middle of it I was getting an error 500 when accessing coranto, I deleted my .htaccess file and re did it. Then everything worked fine, but this morning I am back to getting an Error 500. Before the MySQL & Apache upgrade everything was working just fine. Does anyone have any ideas?
Smoniz

Postby Jackanape » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:33 am

Try double-checking your CHMOD values on your files, there's a possiblity the upgrade affected that, I suppose. Barring that, could there be something else they did during the upgrade--it might be worth contacting them as well.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Smoniz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:14 pm

Yeah I ended up contacting my host, they said that the likely culprit was that some scripts are not compatible with the newer versions of Apache & PHP. So I switched hosts last night and all is well now. Thanks!
Smoniz

Postby Smoniz » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:46 am

haha this is funny my new host just upgraded to the same software argh. I was able to get everything working though with the exception of my news feeds. I use the Feed Builder beta 0.06a by Dale Ray.

When I access the feed i get an Error 500.

Any clue lol?
Smoniz

Postby SrNupsen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:14 pm

You can create perfectly valid feeds from using a specially crafted style, and so the Feed Builder is somewhat deprecated, I think.

More info int this thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Smoniz » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks for the reply, I just downloaded another feed builder add on still doesn't work. I just checked my server error logs, and it says that I have insufficient execute privleges for the XML file. so far i've tried chmod settings 644 & 777 & 755 with no luck lol. This is odd.

I've also found that this XML feed issue isn't even narrowed to just coranto its happening on feeds on other sections of my site as well. That is just weird. Now just waiting on my hosts support team to get back with me.
Smoniz

Return to Troubleshooting