SearchNews Update

Post your requests for addons here, and discuss any addons in development here, as well.
Once an addon has completed development, it will be released in the "Addon Release" forum.

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

SearchNews Update

Postby Lawrence » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:22 pm

Just to let everyone know, I am hoping on releasing an update to SearchNews later tonight, with a major code cleanup (way too many global variables and cruft) and some bug fixes that have been suggested.

Any feedback/bug reports are welcomed :)

Lawrence
Stuff I'm working on:
- nothing

Addons:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lw-craddons/
Lawrence
 
Posts: 1524
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2001 4:24 am

Postby Lawrence » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:57 pm

Okay, the code cleanup aspect is almost done (all possible variables are declared using 'my'). Now just for the formatting itself, as some of it is really bad.

Then it's on to the bug fixes.... :)

Lawrence
Stuff I'm working on:
- nothing

Addons:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lw-craddons/
Lawrence
 
Posts: 1524
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2001 4:24 am

Postby Pirate Elf » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:16 am

Lawrence wrote:Okay, the code cleanup aspect is almost done (all possible variables are declared using 'my'). Now just for the formatting itself, as some of it is really bad.

Then it's on to the bug fixes.... :)

Lawrence
:pray: all bow before Lawrence! Thank you! Using my "tweaked" blend of the old searchnews and the "newer" version works but not really. :pray: can't wait
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:45 pm

Postby Gilbert » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:47 am

Pirate Elf wrote:
Lawrence wrote:Okay, the code cleanup aspect is almost done (all possible variables are declared using 'my'). Now just for the formatting itself, as some of it is really bad.

Then it's on to the bug fixes.... :)

Lawrence
:pray: all bow before Lawrence! Thank you! Using my "tweaked" blend of the old searchnews and the "newer" version works but not really. :pray: can't wait


Same here. Hope it will work with the latest Maginot build
Gilbert
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:03 am

Postby Pirate Elf » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:50 am

Gilbert wrote:
Same here. Hope it will work with the latest Maginot build


there is the catch 22 since the days of yore with searchnews.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:45 pm

Postby Lawrence » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:10 am

Delayed a bit due to some funkiness from code I cleaned up :P Will still release soon :)
Stuff I'm working on:
- nothing

Addons:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lw-craddons/
Lawrence
 
Posts: 1524
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2001 4:24 am

Postby Pirate Elf » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:24 am

Lawrence wrote:Delayed a bit due to some funkiness from code I cleaned up :P Will still release soon :)


We have waited this long for a properly working one so a few days, weeks, etc is no big deal. Awesome!
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:45 pm

Postby Gilbert » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:43 am

Pirate Elf wrote:
Lawrence wrote:Delayed a bit due to some funkiness from code I cleaned up :P Will still release soon :)


We have waited this long for a properly working one so a few days, weeks, etc is no big deal. Awesome!


I concur, though don't stop working even on the weekend ;)
Gilbert
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:03 am

Postby Pirate Elf » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:24 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Pirate Elf wrote:
Lawrence wrote:Delayed a bit due to some funkiness from code I cleaned up :P Will still release soon :)


We have waited this long for a properly working one so a few days, weeks, etc is no big deal. Awesome!


I concur, though don't stop working even on the weekend ;)


Can't say that I agree there. Not taking breaks causes crazy things to happen to addons.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:45 pm

Postby Gilbert » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:29 pm

Pirate Elf wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Pirate Elf wrote:
Lawrence wrote:Delayed a bit due to some funkiness from code I cleaned up :P Will still release soon :)


We have waited this long for a properly working one so a few days, weeks, etc is no big deal. Awesome!


I concur, though don't stop working even on the weekend ;)


Can't say that I agree there. Not taking breaks causes crazy things to happen to addons.


:D :D :D

Mind you not wrong either 8)
Gilbert
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:03 am

Postby Gilbert » Tue May 09, 2006 8:24 am

Lawrence

May I dare ask if you have an update on your progress ?

Best
Gilbert
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:03 am

Postby Jerobi » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:45 pm

Can I chime in as well?
Jerobi
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:21 pm


Return to Addon Development and Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron