Calendar template(s)

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Postby Parahead » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:19 am

Dale Ray wrote:Parahead,

I intend to follow up on the version you sent me, it's just that I haven't had the time. I don't want to promise a timetable I can't deliver.
OK, like I said, no need to feel any pressure, Dale Ray! :-) Currently I don´t have that much amount of time to spend on Coranto as I would like either...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby rag_ » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:34 am

Parahead wrote:I could release the version I use on my site, but like I mentioned above, the documentation is not updated to reflect the improvements and the new functionality of being able to use a small layout. I don´t know if you still are interested in this version then?

I am intrested in your version of the calendar, is it posted anywhere ? I cant find it anywhere
rag_

Postby Parahead » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:07 pm

rag wrote:
Parahead wrote:I could release the version I use on my site, but like I mentioned above, the documentation is not updated to reflect the improvements and the new functionality of being able to use a small layout. I don´t know if you still are interested in this version then?

I am intrested in your version of the calendar, is it posted anywhere ? I cant find it anywhere
No, it is not posted anywhere... Well, I guess I could release it without the documentation and include it as we go... I have get back to you on this though since I don´t have the time this very moment. Please remind me in a week or two if I haven´t done it then, OK...
Parahead

Postby ccunet » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:15 pm

I've got smcal working with coranto on my site but I'd like to add recurring dates. I understand what I need to do with adding the news feild but I'm unsure as to what I should put in the style to make the recurring date format for small cal 0000 get writtent ot he db.

Any help a sample of a style sheet etc appreciated

ccunet
ccunet

Postby Parahead » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:22 pm

ccunet wrote:I've got smcal working with coranto on my site but I'd like to add recurring dates. I understand what I need to do with adding the news feild but I'm unsure as to what I should put in the style to make the recurring date format for small cal 0000 get writtent ot he db.
Maybe you could use a checkbox at the submit page and test if it is checked or not in the style, to either use the year or put 0000?
Parahead

Postby Dale Ray » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:02 pm

ccunet wrote:I've got smcal working with coranto on my site but I'd like to add recurring dates. I understand what I need to do with adding the news feild but I'm unsure as to what I should put in the style to make the recurring date format for small cal 0000 get writtent ot he db.

Any help a sample of a style sheet etc appreciated

ccunet

As Parahead said, add a custom field (checkbox) and set it to default to unchecked. Then for recurring events check the box. Your style will look something like this:
Code: Select all
<If: Field: CustomField_Recurring>0000<If: Else><Field: Year></If><Field: TwoDigitMonth><Field: TwoDigitDay>^^^<Field: Subject>^<If: Field: Text>http://www.yoursite.com/cgi-bin/coranto/viewnews.cgi?id=<Field: newsid>&style=yourstyle</If>^

Remember, the style has to be all on one line to work with smcCal.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby ccunet » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:06 pm

para
That is exactly what I'm trying to do. I have the checkbox field set up but I 'm not sure how to write the if condition to check for it in the style. I'd appreciate any pointers

would it be something like this
<If: Field: Custom_Checkbox> Field: Year=0000>

thanks
CCUnet
ccunet

Postby ccunet » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:35 pm

Dale,

I tried your example and I screwed something up. Now the script doesn't read the dates.txt any more.

Is there anything to trouble shoot?

CCUnet
ccunet

Postby Dale Ray » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:56 pm

ccunet wrote:Dale,

I tried your example and I screwed something up. Now the script doesn't read the dates.txt any more.

Is there anything to trouble shoot?

CCUnet

Look at the dates.txt file and check it for proper format.

The example I gave above added the if statement at the beginning, if you take out everything up to and including the <If: Else> and the </IF> after <Field: Year> does it work?
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby ccunet » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:39 am

my dates.txt has entries that look like this
<a name="newsitemEpZFppZlpAeaSknBdT"></a>20040104^^^5;30 MLiFE small group gathering^http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/new/viewnews.cgi?id=EpZFppZlpAeaSknBdT^

Not sure what I messed with but it is putting the link html before the date and that is what I think is messing everything up

ccunet
ccunet

Postby ccunet » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:14 am

OK I figured out what was causing the problem some how I turned on anchors in the profile. duh

But the recurring dates still don't recur and my link that used to go to news item were now pop ups

just weird how I got to this situation.
Anyway I got the pop ups figured out but still clueless on the recurring stuff. I'm going to leave it alone for a while.

CCUnet
ccunet

Postby Parahead » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:53 am

ccunet wrote:Anyway I got the pop ups figured out but still clueless on the recurring stuff. I'm going to leave it alone for a while.
Did you try Dale Rays code above? What does your style look like now?
Parahead

Postby Dale Ray » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:08 am

ccunet wrote:OK I figured out what was causing the problem some how I turned on anchors in the profile. duh

But the recurring dates still don't recur and my link that used to go to news item were now pop ups

just weird how I got to this situation.
Anyway I got the pop ups figured out but still clueless on the recurring stuff. I'm going to leave it alone for a while.

CCUnet

Just to make sure that we are on the same page - in smcCal a recurring date is one that occurs on the same date every year. Some calendar programs/scripts define a 'recurring date' differently.

The popups were a result of you getting the format of the dates.txt file slightly wrong the ^ (carets) that separate the data must be in the correct spots.

The smcCal distribution comes with a sample dates.txt file. Use it to test and make sure that smcCal is working OK. If there aren't any recurring dates in the file add a couple (just cut and paste one or two lines) and change the year to 0000. Test to see if the event shows up every year. If all of that is working, then it is just your style you need to fix. Post it here for us to look at. Also post a short sample of the dates.txt file generated by your style.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Parahead » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:24 am

Dale Ray wrote:Just to make sure that we are on the same page - in smcCal a recurring date is one that occurs on the same date every year. Some calendar programs/scripts define a 'recurring date' differently.
Hmm... I have only been in need of the same-date-each-year type, but see a potential upgrade here, making it possible to have recurring dates for the same date each month, the same day each week, and so on... This would be more like a sort of filter between smcCal and Coranto when the dates are inserted into the smcCal database, since smcCal doesn´t provide an input interface and the dates should be looking the same in the database.
Parahead

Postby ccunet » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:10 pm

[quote="Dale Ray]Just to make sure that we are on the same page - in smcCal a recurring date is one that occurs on the same date every year. Some calendar programs/scripts define a 'recurring date' differently.
[/quote]
aha that would be the problem I thought is was one of those every week or every month recurring date deals.

as para says that would be a good upgrade to have.

Did the previous update ever get released publicly?

CCUnet
ccunet

PreviousNext

Return to Customization