AnchorCal need some ideas please (Switched to SMC)

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

Postby Pirate Elf » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:14 pm

I am just thinking outloud here but to put multiple dates on one page you would need a combo of maginot and an archive solution perhaps. You could tell it to do a daily archive sort of and then from there use the maginot or viewnews to build and link directly to the one page. So you would end up with something like:

April 29 2008
Event 1: So in so is happening (Click here for more info)
Event 2: Etc
Event 3: Etc

Is this what you are trying to achieve or am I way off?
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby GabeT » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:02 am

That is exactly what I need it to do.
GabeT

Postby SrNupsen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:12 am

Then do as I told you :D

A Maginot sliced profile will put all events that are on the same date into one file. No matter if there are 1 or 1000 events on any given day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Pirate Elf » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:14 am

Does anyone out there have knowledge of how I could use apostrophe's in SMC Cal?

Currently if I do something like "Father's Day" it will not display at all. But if I do "Fathers Day" it works. Anyone know of a fix for this? Maybe without me having to work on the perl itself...

Well a simple fix is adding \ before the '

Now to write code that will check if the subject has an apostrophe and if so add a \ before it... Hmmm
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Postby Jackanape » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:41 pm

Would a regex check be able to handle this, like:
Code: Select all
s/\'/\\'/g;

within your loop?

I'm very perl simple, but I had to do something similar a few months back, and that's how I solved it.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Pirate Elf » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:36 pm

Actually to change up my calendar I found the solution which lead to my solution in This thread

Basically yes a regxp is needed but there were a couple of places where I had to add it to make it look nice. Overall I am very happy this this little addon.
Nichts ist für dich
Nichts war für dich
Nichts bleibt für dich
Für immer
Pirate Elf

Previous

Return to Customization