How news headlines display and the full article displays

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

still more

Postby Abpadmin » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:33 pm

Jackanape, do you want me to disable all of the profiles except the maginot static one?

also in my shtml file for the headlines I have the following code:

<span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 10px;">
<!--#include virtual="newsfiles/herd_health-headlines.txt" -->
</span>

Let me know
Abpadmin

strange behavior

Postby Abpadmin » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Went in this morning to modify the news and then build news. both news headlines still show up, and both will still open up to the full story.

But, the only one that is left now after the rebuild opens up with my background color.

I would bet that my problem is a setting somewhere, just trying to figure out where.
Abpadmin

Postby Jackanape » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:03 pm

It seems to be working now, from what I can see.

I would go ahead and move forward with the profile you have working, even deleting your old ones to avoid confusion.

Now that you know you have things working properly, you can work with your template to tweak it as you wish it to be.

Good Luck!

By the way, I wouldn't re-activate Webwriter unless you feel you really need it...to help avoid confusion...
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

no it's not working

Postby Abpadmin » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Jackanape,

Please re-read my last post. Part of this is not working.

I deleted the last news item that I posted, but it is still there, even after modifying and rebuilding the news. The headlines are in a file called herd_health-headlines.txt.

I have just gone into my newsfile directory after rebuilding the news thismorning
EkplEkyZEFIpbcQTaA.html Modified 04/25
EkplllpZlEdimrlIUe.html Modified 04/23
headlines.txt Modified 04/25
herd_health.html Modified 04/25
herd_health.txt Modified 04/25
herd_health-headlines.txt Modified 04/23
news.txt Modified 04/25
newsdat.txt Modified 04/25

Also as posted before in my shtml where the headlines are to appear I have the following code:

<span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 10px;">
<!--#include virtual="newsfiles/herd_health-headlines.txt" -->
</span>

In the headlines.txt file the news item that I have left is all that is there. What is causing the herd_health-headlines.txt file not to be updated? I think that is the problem.

Also, if I delete a news story in coranto, does it remove the generated story from the newsfile directory?
Abpadmin

got it working

Postby Abpadmin » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:04 pm

I knew it had to be a setting, went back over everything and discovered that in the herd_health profile I had headlines off.

Now I am wondering, this is where I may be confused, and if I am maybe someone can clarify what I did wrong.

using Samaleth's Coranto Help Pages / How do I set up headlines?
my maginot profiles is called healthnews, and I then think I followed the example and created the headlines profile as was recommended.

Here is some of my confusion, I am wondering if in my shtml page I should be using healthnews.txt instead of herd_health-headlines.txt? I think that what I may have been thinking is that the headlines profile may have been a profile that came with coranto?
Abpadmin

It Works

Postby Abpadmin » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:12 pm

IT WORKS

Went back over ell seting and code. Kept noticing that if I didn't have headlines turn on, nothing changed. Went back over the sumaleth instructions and tried to put 2 and 2 together.

I disabled the headlines profile, and used my herd_health profile. Went into the shtml page and changed the code removing the -headlines and guess what, it seems to be working. I have enen enambled webwriter and summitted new news and, yep, it show up to.

So now if I am understanding documentation correctly I will need to set up 2 profiles for each category to filter the news, right?

Thanks so much for all of the help, maybe we can all rest now!
Abpadmin

Postby SrNupsen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 pm

If you want one profile for just the headlines and one profile for full news, you'll need 2 profiles for each category, yes.

Later you'll find out that if you have several categories for which the headlines look the same (or if you want to mix headlines from several categories), you'll only need one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Previous

Return to Customization