BREAKING News and smaller news

Discuss news styles, css code, and other Coranto customizations in here...the possibilities are endless, so have at it!

Moderator: Spunkmeyer

BREAKING News and smaller news

Postby Hrvoje » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:40 am

Hello i use maginot line, latest ver.
i have 2 profiles one is for TOP news (breaking) and one is for regular articles that are posted after TOP news. however i'd like to know is there solution to do this: When you post news it's automatically TOP news, and when you post new news again, this older goes to regular articles, and new post is now TOP News...i hope everyone understand what am i trying to say. thank you :-)
Hrvoje

Postby Jackanape » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:06 am

There is probably a PERL script you could work into your style that would identify the most recent news item, and style accordingly...I know there's one for alternating styles, so it should be adaptable...I will search the forums tomorrow.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Return to Customization