Filter By Number needs impovement

All notes and input on 2.0 Development are herein. <ul><li>Feature requests</li>
<li>Bug Reports</li>
<li>Beta Testing Feedback</li>
<li>Open Dev Discussion</li></ul>

Moderator: Coranto Moderator Team

Filter By Number needs impovement

Postby Gansos » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:10 am

In the settings page for profiles, the "Filter By Number" field only limits posts by date (i.e. the nth newest item). However, considering that Coranto is being used in so many diverse environments, I think a more general "Filter By Number" procedure is needed.

For anyone using Coranto to do content management other than for news, the SortOrders addon is a lifesaver. However, in order to limit the number of posts in a profile using SortOrders, one must resort to complicated perl code in the style(s). There is no clear way to limit by number if the profile is sorted in any way other than reverse chronologically.

I am making a request to allow the core "Filter By Number" functionality to recognize SortOrders and behave as you'd expect (include up to and including the nth item in the sorted profile). Or even better, SortOrders could be written into the core (considering it is a very general addon).

Maybe this belongs under Addon Requests, but I feel it is a shortcoming of the core (or rather, an area that has not been developed in a while :wink: ) .

Feel free to move this if it would be better served in the Addons section.
Gansos

Postby bozoka45 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:43 am

See this
bozoka45

Postby Dale Ray » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:14 pm

You may want to check out the Filter by News Days Addon discussed here.
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Return to Coranto 2.0 Development