Dev release

All notes and input on 2.0 Development are herein. <ul><li>Feature requests</li>
<li>Bug Reports</li>
<li>Beta Testing Feedback</li>
<li>Open Dev Discussion</li></ul>

Moderator: Coranto Moderator Team

Postby Jackanape » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:53 pm

OK, let's get this CVS version hammered out this week, as it is a major stumbling block right now.

I will try to check in on it, from links elsewhere, and Lumberjack, can give me some input in chat here soon?
Jackanape

Postby Bluetooth » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:10 pm

Lumberjack wrote:
Bluetooth wrote:There was a post about a new internal gui... not sure what the exact question is about(?)

Yes, see the link that comes with the post (I realised later what you were talking about). Some stuff has already been done in the dev release. Unfortunately I think this requires perl coding. Feel free to see if I'm wrong on that one..

My god it's flesh-pink! :D

My idea is to add a few more css tags to html chunks in coranto.cgi (and nsettings.cgi) so that we have more control of rendering.
Further i will make a css file to go with it (possibly put into nsettings).
There is a lot of defined td's, tr's and tables around, these definitions should go into the nsettings css string.
Also there are a lot of old workarounds by Elvii to avoid css
(poor implementation in old browser from the time when Coranto was new)

Will do some testing in the latest 131_5 and comment firmly.

Please let me know if there are versions that i should be aware of
Bluetooth
---
Formerly known as Von Snellfharer

table-less

Postby YushDon » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:27 am

love your idea of css implementation bluetooth. was just wondering if the new layout would comprise of a tabled or table-less structure?
YushDon

Postby Lumberjack » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:07 am

Ok, Jackanape, sorry I've been quite busy planning a trip to Austria. Catch me on my email if you have something urgent.
Bluetooth, anything you can do to make the options for display more extensive will be appreciated. Take a look at what the facelift addon does, and keep those things in mind. Soon we'll have somewhere to develop the source together, and that will speed things up for the 2.0 release.
Lumberjack

Postby Bluetooth » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:30 am

Lumberjack wrote:Bluetooth, anything you can do to make the options for display more extensive will be appreciated. Take a look at what the facelift addon does, and keep those things in mind. Soon we'll have somewhere to develop the source together, and that will speed things up for the 2.0 release.

I'll do that. Don't think it does much other than to moove the tables but i'll find out if it breaks or tweaks my idea.

-EDIT-

The facelift addon looks simpler than tweaking Coranto but i still think we'll need to tweak Coranto aswell.
Bluetooth
---
Formerly known as Von Snellfharer

Postby Dale Ray » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:00 pm

* Fix self-referencing links in archived forum to point at itself ands not the old forum at CTUS
* change all the links onsite to coranto.org
* fix the cookies at the forum to work with coranto.org
Dale Ray
Dale Ray

Postby Lumberjack » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:09 pm

Added the building dates issue to the to do list in the first post of this topic. Dale, I think those things are more relevant to site development than to coranto itself?
Lumberjack

Re: Dev release

Postby Lumberjack » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:01 pm

Parahead wrote:The things that needs attention in this release before it can be classified as an official stable release.

* Create an upgrade script so that users using live installations of Coranto 1.24 can upgrade to 1.31 smoothly
* Verify which addons work and don´t work with the new folder structure (the new CConfig variables)
* Improve the documentations to reflect the changes (the setup steps in particular)
* Update the Addon Guide with the AddonDoc2 feature, localisation support (CRaddonmsg) and this thread
* Create a document explaining how to use the language files and how to make a translation (create translation script?)
* Preferably the previously supported langues in 1.30.x should be 'upgraded' to the 1.31.x series
* Change so that a filelock isn't involved when *reading* of nsettings.cgi (causes problems for some addons, EasyEdit for example).
* Change handling of building dates, as in this topic
* Test, test, test!

I have gone as far as I can with this stuff, I think. The first item in this list is the priority, and really is what is holding back the release of v2.0. Please try to find someone who has experience with this and can deal with it.
The way that I can imagine getting this to work is:
Step 1: users move coranto files into a subdirectory, old
Step 2: user upload v2 files into coranto folder
Step 3: user runs upgrade script, which looks inside /old for previous coranto settings, such as users and so on, and places them in the appropriate new places in v2
(this could really help to move other settings out of nsettings.cgi as suggested by Parahead for longer term development)
Step 4: continue to use coranto with fully functional v2.0
Lumberjack

Re: Dev release

Postby Parahead » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:49 pm

Lumberjack wrote:
Parahead wrote:The things that needs attention in this release before it can be classified as an official stable release.

* Create an upgrade script so that users using live installations of Coranto 1.24 can upgrade to 1.31 smoothly

I have gone as far as I can with this stuff, I think. The first item in this list is the priority, and really is what is holding back the release of v2.0.

In the last dev version (1.31.x) that I worked on there was an upgrade section included in the installation. It was not complete, but should be a very good start to continue with.

I really do not remember right now if I published that version or not (but I do think so). Anyway, if you don't see that upgrade code in the latest release from me please let me know and I can dig into my own code repository and hand it over (by mail?)...
Yes, I am still around...
www.parahead.com/coranto/
Parahead

Postby Lumberjack » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:24 pm

Hmm, actually it does mention that in the upgrade doc. I did a fresh install of DEV so I didn't try it.. testers, please!
Lumberjack

Previous

Return to Coranto 2.0 Development