References To Old Site

All notes and input on 2.0 Development are herein. <ul><li>Feature requests</li>
<li>Bug Reports</li>
<li>Beta Testing Feedback</li>
<li>Open Dev Discussion</li></ul>

Moderator: Coranto Moderator Team

References To Old Site

Postby YushDon » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:04 am

i've just upgraded my old development site from 1.31.4 to 1.31.5 and found that the current development version files still have several mentions and links to the old http:/ / coranto.gweilo. org site.

would it be useful if i carefully changed these to reference the new site (i.e. coranto.org/gocoronto.com, etc.) and resubmit the new files with the new information?
YushDon

Postby Jackanape » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:36 pm

Not a bad idea, but contact Lumberjack first...he's been getting 1.31.5 up to snuff so we can begin dev on that once 1.25 is out...

He may have done this already.

I will be starting up a Sourceforge section for us in the next day or so, which will allow everyone to take a look and see what's what...
Jackanape

coolio

Postby YushDon » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:07 pm

cool!

i'll hold on a bit and see what lumberjack is saying. meanwhile...

I will be starting up a Sourceforge section for us in the next day or so, which will allow everyone to take a look and see what's what...

i think this is a great idea which i'm looking forward to...
YushDon

Postby Lumberjack » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:10 am

Lawrence Williams has coranto registered on sourceforge already. If you can set something up there, its perfect..
As for this issue, when we have CVS, Broomsy will be making the 1.25 changes in DEV.
Lumberjack

Postby SrNupsen » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:59 am

Lumberjack wrote:Lawrence Williams has coranto registered on sourceforge already. If you can set something up there, its perfect..
As for this issue, when we have CVS, Broomsy will be making the 1.25 changes in DEV.

We know about that. Problem is we don't know how to contact Lawrence so he can transfer the login information to us. So we need to register a new project.

Jackanape: Is it possible to get in touch with the people at Sourceforge and ask them whether they want to transfer it to us anyway, explaining the situation?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coranto is free software. I am available for custom work or troubleshooting.

http://www.sundaune.no - transkripsjon, webdesign, nettsider, tekstbyrå
http://www.vagbladet.no - satire, politikk, kultur, sport, nettavis
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SrNupsen

Postby Feathers » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:19 pm

SrNupsen wrote:Problem is we don't know how to contact Lawrence so he can transfer the login information to us.
I might be able to..

I PM'd him from the 'old' site when I took on the vBComments addon and got an email in response which I think I still have somewhere. My only concern is whether it would be appropriate to use that address for this purpose.
Mike
(Maintaining the vB3Comments addon)
Feathers

Postby SrNupsen » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Anything to get in touch with him. Could you send him a short email explaining the situation, and ask that he get in touch with us over here?

SrNupsen

new times

Postby YushDon » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:22 pm

i remember i had problems last year getting him to respond to a query i had about one of his add ons.

to this very day i have not heard anything from him.

my feelings are that maybe we should be thinking of registering a new project (NewCoranto) is my suggestion. it might make better sense than trying and never succeeding to track him down.

obviously no ill-will, malice or disrespect intended. just looking practically at the situation...
YushDon

Postby Jackanape » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:59 pm

I am registering the project as a replacement project now. The Coranto he registered never released files, etc...it's dead, so it should be no problem.
Jackanape

Postby Feathers » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:11 pm

I shall leave it then?
Mike
(Maintaining the vB3Comments addon)
Feathers

Postby Jackanape » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:13 pm

Yeah, I would...if they don't let us replace the old project...and there's no reason they wouldn't...we can always start it with a new name...

Right now, I just want a little help writing up the proposal I mentioned in another topic...
Jackanape

Postby Alexv » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:17 pm

Has anyone tried Lawrence on MSN? He's online pretty often.
aka on ctus: alexv, aerosoul, billgates
Alexv

Postby Lumberjack » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:56 pm

The replacement project thing seems fine given the circumstances of the current one. Let me know when this is online so I can upload DEV in its current state, along with the changelog.
Lumberjack

Postby SrNupsen » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:08 pm

Alex: I don't think anybody has his address anymore, and that's why. Now, as it seems, we won't need to contact him after all - but I'd still appreciate if you dropped him a line about this place the next time you see him online.

SrNupsen

Return to Coranto 2.0 Development