Help with Call to CSS in coranto.cgi...HELP!

All notes and input on 2.0 Development are herein. <ul><li>Feature requests</li>
<li>Bug Reports</li>
<li>Beta Testing Feedback</li>
<li>Open Dev Discussion</li></ul>

Moderator: Coranto Moderator Team

Help with Call to CSS in coranto.cgi...HELP!

Postby Jackanape » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:47 am

I've made great strides so far in my converting Coranto to a style-driven GUI, and I'm dying to polish it up and share...however, I'm having issues with the call to the style sheet.

In Coranto.cgi, where the header is built, I've got this:
Code: Select all
   print qq~
   <link href="templates/coranto.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />~;

Which SHOULD call the style sheet into the header, but it doesn't. I know there are issues with reading certain file types in the cgi-bin, and this apparently effects this call as well. If I place the style sheet in another domain entirely, for example, it works fine. Is there a way to make this call work in cgi-bin, or will templating require an outside directory to handle it?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Postby Musicvid » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:26 pm

If you change <link href="templates/coranto.css" ... to a full URL path, beginning with http:// . . . , does that change the result?
Musicvid

Postby Jackanape » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:55 am

Nope. It appears to be a CGI-bin issue, and each server approaches it differently. For now, I'm going to tackle it with a "crstyles" directory, outside of the cgi-bin. Basically, the same way the "news" directory should be outside it, so we're not breaking any new ground...
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jackanape

Return to Coranto 2.0 Development